Windows 10: Address problem

Discus and support Address problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there,im having a problem with my daughters account on microsoft family. I have set her address in her profile with the correct country, but when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Neelie71, May 3, 2021.

1. Neelie71 Win User

Address problem

Hi there,im having a problem with my daughters account on microsoft family. I have set her address in her profile with the correct country, but when I try buy a game for her it asks to set a profile address and is set to the UK as default and I can’t change it. As we arent in the UK it then wont accept our address, I’ve been through our profiles everything is set to the right country and I didn’t have this problem with my sons account. Any suggestions to help would be great, thank you Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other /Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family

:)

Neelie71, May 3, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, May 3, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 3, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Address problem

ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Address problem

1. Address problem - Similar Threads - Address problem

2. IP address problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP address problems.: OK, deep breath, here we go........ Have had this problem twice before, but know it's got really weird. Had two machine, different motherboards with onboard network sockets that would suddenly stop working with a static IP address. The minute you set one they would show an...
  3. Annoying problem with gmail opening address

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying problem with gmail opening address: Hi Everyone just started having a problem with my wife's PC. Gmail is our favoured means for mail. For years, her PC has always opened up to the favoured address at call up (of two addresses) no problem. For whatever reason, it now opens to the 2nd address - this despite the...
  4. When will they fix the stupid Wifi has no valid IP address problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When will they fix the stupid Wifi has no valid IP address problem?: Tried every single step mentioned in the past 3 fucking years and Wifi still randomly craps out with that error. Every other device connects normally except any stupid Windows 10 device. submitted by /u/DocMD316 [link] [comments]...
  5. Is the zooming problem of Windows a general problem that will be addressed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the zooming problem of Windows a general problem that will be addressed?: I do use my laptop with and without an external monitor. I don't think I am alone here. But it is very common that Windows does not detect the right size of the app to use. So even when I am working on my laptop without a projector, my apps become zoomed-out, and the texts...
  6. Problem with Edge address bar

Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  7. How to address problems noted in Accounts Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to address problems noted in Accounts Troubleshooter: I have run the Microsoft accounts troubleshooter and get the following message: Can't connect to sync service and root causes found and created logs. I have no idea what this means in practical terms, nor is there any hint about what to do to correct the problem....
  8. Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking address bar problems w/ window 10: ...When I click on any clickable highlighted 'href', ...ex. 'to click on to enter a user name or password' ,....It's suddenly bring up to an advertisement page some product I once was viewing,... similar to what happens when you're on Facebook and you are bombarded with...
  9. windows live mail , address book problem .

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail , address book problem .: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 10.0.18362 , windows live mail I am having a problem with windows live mail , address book : I have no "Contacts" Folder or Button after login outlook.live.com/mail/ . How do I find it ? Thanx 154578
  10. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

Network connection settings problem IPv6 address: Hi everyone, I always choose to “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” in my network settings, but the settings often change to “Use the following IPv6 address” by itself where the IPv6 address is changed to some weird values like fdaa::1:f2 and Subnet prefix length is...