Windows 10: Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection?

Discus and support Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! Does anybody know an adress to send MS new malicious files or URL's the Defender doen't detect so far? And is there a way to check online if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bernd Leutenecker, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection?

Hello!

Does anybody know an adress to send MS new malicious files or URL's the Defender doen't detect so far?

And is there a way to check online if the Defender already detect's such files/URL's as it isn't part of the scanners used on virustotal.com?

Thank you!

Regards

Bernd Leutenecker

:)

Bernd Leutenecker, Feb 18, 2019

2. Unable to send emails to my friends email address

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for responding.

As per your suggestions I understand that your IP address might have blocked.

Do let us know the type of the email address you are using (live.com/ outlook.com/ Hotmail.com)?

Also, is this issue specific to the particular recipient?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log-in to the online account, try to send an email to the recipient and check.

Step 2: Try to log-in to the web browser, perform step 1 and check.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the ESP/ ISP service provide and check if that helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    gameux.dll trying to access secure MS IP address

I have a shed lot of logs in comodo firewall that gameux.dll is trying to access IP 65.55.162.27 << looked up as an MS IP address , over port 443 (https) this is being blocked by comodo though in the firewall logs gameux.dll is trying port after port, seems to be in order aswell, basically this dll is trying to get to that secure MS IP address for some reason and is port scanning to get out.........

I can't find much info on this dll though it appears to be an MS one and the behaviour of it is worrying, why is it scanning all available ports to access that IP? if this was anyone but MS this would be considered virus/spyware behaviour. It's possibly harmless but still.

Anyone came across this?

Seems this dll corresponds to MS Games Explorer that was intro'd in Vista, doesn't explain why it is trying to send information to a secure MS IP address

NdMk2o1o, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Thatguy Win User

Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection?

gameux.dll trying to access secure MS IP address

Why does the disk indexing service send out notifications to the microsoft server in redmond ?

news flash, microsoft knows all about what you do with your computer unless you defeat these spyware features.

Thatguy, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection?

1. Address to send MS files and URLs to improve detection? - Similar Threads - Address send files

2. Improvement suggestions for MS Windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improvement suggestions for MS Windows!: With regards to MS Windows Is there a means to put feature improvement suggestions to MS?Just over 1 year ago I purchased an MS Surface 7 Pro, and I absolutely love it! I love everything from how fast it boots using an SSHD to being able to make notes and sketches using the...
  3. Improvement suggestions for MS Windows!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improvement suggestions for MS Windows!: With regards to MS Windows Is there a means to put feature improvement suggestions to MS?Just over 1 year ago I purchased an MS Surface 7 Pro, and I absolutely love it! I love everything from how fast it boots using an SSHD to being able to make notes and sketches using the...
  4. Ms Teams Improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Teams Improvement: Hello, is there a chance to improve Microsoft Teams' meeting using visuals that can be configured by the organizer? Meaning a meeting of 1 hour with 45 minutes Green Frame, last 10 min Orange Frame & last 5 min Red Frame.. Ensuring that colors can be useful for wrap up or...
  5. Ms Teams Improvement

Ms Teams Improvement: Hello, is there a chance to improve Microsoft Teams' meeting using visuals that can be configured by the organizer? Meaning a meeting of 1 hour with 45 minutes Green Frame, last 10 min Orange Frame & last 5 min Red Frame.. Ensuring that colors can be useful for wrap up or...
  6. Email address url ignored - like dead

in Browsers and Email
    Email address url ignored - like dead: Win10 20H2 I have an account with GMX.COM and a Firefox browser and 2 computers with uptodate Win10 connected by WiFi. On my HP I am suddenly unable to enter my email account. Insert to address bar, Enter - nothing happens except the TAB is marked Login. Different URL work...
  7. .url files

.url files: so for apps like steam, to open games on the desktop, the file is a .url file. i have the latest version of windows insider build, and it just will not open. how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-files/c9e99cac-8564-4868-bbe0-3ced22fe6671
  8. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  9. url address popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    url address popups: how can I turn off these pesky URL address boxes from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/url-address-popups/1bd88a53-21bb-42f9-8333-c19f60211592
  10. Default 'send as' email address

in Browsers and Email
    Default 'send as' email address: Staff have their own email address (name@) and 'send as' permissions for another one (info@). Is it possible to set a default send as address so the employees don't accidentally email from their own account when i'd prefer them to use info@ by default? I see when you're...