Windows 10: Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

Discus and support Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have just updated to Version 1809 (Os Build 17763.1). The Address Toolbar in the Taskbar , which I use very often, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jameswesthead, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have just updated to Version 1809 (Os Build 17763.1).
    The Address Toolbar in the Taskbar , which I use very often, now displays the input text the same colour as the box background - so I can't see what I'm typing. I can fix it for the duration of the session by removing the Address Toolbar and then putting it back (right click > Toolbars>Address). But this is only for the duration of the session - the problem is there again when I start my PC again.
    Has anyone any ideas?

:)

jameswesthead, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Tan DJ Win User

Strange new Toolbar

What the...?!?

I just noticed down near system tray the word "Blaster".

Clicking on it did nothing, it had no menu's related to it, but when I right clicked on the taskbar and selected the "Toolbars" option, there was a "Blaster" entry down the bottom that had a tick next to it. When I then selected this "Blaster" entry, it disapeared off the task bar, and now when I go to the Toolbar's menu, the "Blaster" entry is not there. *Confused Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809 :confused:

What the heck's going on here?

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I'd include a screen dump, but it's not there anymore!

Cheers,

Tan DJ

Tan DJ, Oct 6, 2018
  3. CalmLight Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Please supply a workaround and/or a bug-acknowledgement for the following behaviour?

Setup - Windows 10. Taskbar "left" position. Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar.

Issue - When the "Desktop" toolbar-item on the Taskbar is selected, the Desktop list appears behind the Taskbar, such that it is partly masked. Menu is unusable. Then later e.g. when Windows Explorer has done something else, the issue has gone away; after
    a Restart the issue repeats.

Screen-clip attached. Screen-clip shows that the "double down arrow" of the taskbar's Desktop item has been selected. It also shows that the desktop listing is displayed behind the taskbar.

Thank you and regards.

Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809 1a7f1654-821b-49ae-8394-e0d43bb2cc7f.png

CalmLight, Oct 6, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

Interestingly, my Cortana also presents such a list, no numbers.

Try 'The first' 'The second' etc.

...which works well, until.... the list of available options extends beyond the box as here:

Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809 [​IMG]

So this British English-sounding voice starts reading them 'Which Minitool do you wanna open...'

And reads the list...after which I see

Oh, come on Microsoft, this is as pathetic as your start menu, where I see

- these shortcuts, each for a different program, being taken from the folders of 2,3,or 4 per program in my nested start menu.

Which is one of a number of reasons I choose to use Classic Shell start menu which actually works. Reliably.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

1. Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809 - Similar Threads - Address Toolbar Taskbar

2. Windows optional update and strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows optional update and strange behaviour: OS: Windows 10, version 2004 Japanese Browser Firefox updated Drivers updated Windows updated. Since the auto Window update to version 2004 I was facing some problems but now I have noticed after Optional program update I see various suggestions appears on screen. No...
  3. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  4. Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar: Hello, When I use the small taskbar buttons, the address toolbar does not shrink with the taskbar causing a gap between the icons and the bottom of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this? I have tried restarting windows explorer and that doesn't work, neither does a...
  5. A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    A strange case of missing Destop toolbar in the Taskbar: Greetings. After installing the latest update on one of my machines, the Desktop toolbar was found missing from the Taskbar. Adding it again doesn't seem to work as it would disappear upon rebooting. The other machines were fine. Appreciate any kind assistance to resolve this...
  6. Strange modem behaviour after 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange modem behaviour after 1803: OS Windows 10 HomeSpeedport Internet Modem. Before 1803. A) Modem through a USB 'dongle' on PC. Everything o/k, could select Auto or Manual internet start by right clicking on the internet icon (bottom right on task bar). Skype however was very bad with broken vid and sound....
  7. Store update strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store update strange behaviour: So a little earlier I did my usual routine of boot pc and open store app. I always manually check for updates to apps. One come up for store app itself. I clicked update but rather than do its normal close the store app and re launch on completion store app stayed open. In...
  8. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  9. strange laptop behaviour after major update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    strange laptop behaviour after major update: I installed Win 10 pro for a friend and the install went fine. It checked for updates and did KB3194623, 3197099 and 3176937 (one said upgrade) When it rebooted, the WIn 10 logo showed for a bit then there was just a blank screen no matter how long I waited. The only way I...
  10. Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update: Hi all, Since the Creator's Update, Cortana has been behaving strangely on my machine. Specifically, when asking Cortana to launch programs, and even more specifically when there are several possible options. So, with Skype, just to take one example, the conversation USED...