Windows 10: Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar

Discus and support Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, When I use the small taskbar buttons, the address toolbar does not shrink with the taskbar causing a gap between the icons and the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dschneids, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Dschneids Win User

Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar

Hello,

When I use the small taskbar buttons, the address toolbar does not shrink with the taskbar causing a gap between the icons and the bottom of the screen. Is there anyway to fix this? I have tried restarting windows explorer and that doesn't work, neither does a restart or anything like that. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Dschneids, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Taskbar

Hi Caroll,

Thank you for clarifying this one out. This links and address bar are actually called
    toolbars. If you want to remove the entire set of links on the toolbar. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on any space in the taskbar.
    • Select Toolbars. A new set of options should appear. (Address, Links, Desktop, New toolbar.)
    • De-select or uncheck Links. (You can also uncheck Address if you want to have it removed)
    • If you want to remove specific links. You will have to delete them from your Favorites links on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2020
  4. No Jo Win User

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Address toolbar not shrinking with taskbar - Similar Threads - Address toolbar shrinking

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. How Delete Individual Entries in the Taskbar's Address Toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete Individual Entries in the Taskbar's Address Toolbar: I have a bunch of entries that appear in the Address Toolbar that is on my Taskbar. I would like to delete individual entries, but don't want to clear them all. I can only find instructions on clearing search history in File Explorer, which is not what I'm looking for. I have...
  5. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  6. Taskbar toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  7. Language Toolbar in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Language Toolbar in Taskbar: Try this LANGUABE TOOLBAR IN TASKBAR 1. Start > settings 2. Devices 3. Typing>more keyboard settings>advanced keyboardsettings 4. Language bar options 5. Radio button “Docked in the Taskbar”...
  8. Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Address Toolbar in Taskbar - strange behaviour after Update to 1809: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have just updated to Version 1809 (Os Build 17763.1). The Address Toolbar in the Taskbar , which I use very often, now displays the input text the same colour as the box background - so I can't see what I'm typing. I can fix it for the duration of...
  9. Taskbar Shrinks Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Shrinks Randomly: I have a Dell Lat e5550. I have it on a docking station with two monitors. Everything displayed correctly until last week. All of a sudden when I click anything in the taskbar the taskbar moves like this [img] The wallpapers will no longer line up correctly and the...
  10. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...