Windows 10: AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022

Discus and support AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last month, AdDuplex reported that Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system gained a sizeable chunk as its usage share rose to 19.3% of all monitored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 31, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022

Last month, AdDuplex reported that Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system gained a sizeable chunk as its usage share rose to 19.3% of all monitored systems. This month, AdDuplex reports that growth slowed down to a crawl, as Microsoft's operating system managed to increase its usage share by a tenth of a percent to 19.4% in total.

AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 windows-11-usage-share-march-2022.png

AdDuplex numbers are not exact, as it pulls these from thousands of applications for Windows 10 and 11 only. Still, the numbers provide us with trends, and the current trend does not look good for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system.

Windows 11, despite being offered as a free upgrade, provided that the Windows 10 license is genuine and that the PC meets all the system's requirements, has not taken the Windows world by storm. While that was to be expected, considering that part of the devices that run Windows 10 and earlier versions are not compatible with Windows 11, it might remind veteran Windows users of other versions of Windows that did not do overly well.

Granted, a usage share of 19.4% six months after launch looks quite good on first glance. AdDuplex's numbers are on the higher end, as it monitors only Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Statcounter saw Windows 11 at a usage share of 7.89% in February 2022, compared to AdDuplex' 19.3% in the same month.

On Steam, Windows 11 is listed with a usage share of 15.59% for February 2022. One explanation for the higher number is that gamers are more inclined to run the latest versions of an operating system on their devices. Both services have not published numbers for March 2022 yet. The "real" number is unknown, but it is likely that it sits between the two extremes.

Two Windows 10 versions are placed first and second on AdDuplex in March 2022. The latest version of Windows 10, version 21H2, has a share of 28.5% according to the report. Windows 10 version 21H1's share is 26.5%. The Windows 10 version 21H2 share more than doubled from 12.1% in February, while Windows 10 version 21H1's share dropped 2.1% at the same time. Most gains came from devices running Windows 10 version 20H2, which ran out of support recently.

As far as Windows 11's growth is concerned; it is possible that growth may continue in April 2022. Assuming that the number does not grow by much, some may wonder whether it was a smart move to increase the system requirements of the Windows 11 and whether that is hampering the growth, or if something else is keeping customers from upgrading to the new operating system.

The April 2022 stats and Statcounter's and Valve's missing March 2022 stats may shed some light on this.

Now You: will Windows 11's usage share continue to rise, or has it plateaued already?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 31, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

AdDuplex Windows 10 and Windows 11 Report for January 2022

Source: AdDuplex Windows Device Statistics reports

Brink, Mar 31, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    AdDuplex Windows 10 and Windows 11 Report for February 2022

Windows 11 on close to 20% of PCs.

Windows 10, 11 OS Worldwide (PCs)

AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 [​IMG]

Windows 10, 11 OS Worldwide History (PCs)

AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 31, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

AdDuplex Windows 10 Report for March 2021 available

Windows 10 20H2 share jumps by 1.5x.

Windows 10 OS Worldwide (PCs)

October 2020 Update is now on almost 30% of PCs surveyed. And a good sign is that it's not growing at the expense of 2004, but rather older releases.

Close to 80,000 Windows 10 PCs were surveyed.

Windows 10 OS Worldwide History (PCs)

In March Windows 10 20H2 added close to 10% to its share compared to the month before.

Note: we don't have the data for the initial rollout of the first update to Windows 10 (1511, also known as Threshold 2). So it's a straight line from 0 to the first data point we have on August 22nd, 2016.

Brink, Mar 31, 2022
Thema:

1. AdDuplex: Windows 11's usage share rise slowed down to a crawl in March 2022 - Similar Threads - AdDuplex 11's usage

2. Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its slow but steady usage share climb in December 2022. Microsoft released the operating system in late 2021 to the public. Since then, it has gained in usage share, as was expected. [ATTACH] The release of the first stable...
  3. Windows 11's usage share marked time in April 2022 according to AdDuplex

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's usage share marked time in April 2022 according to AdDuplex: Last month, usage share growth of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system slowed down to a crawl according to the monthly stats that AdDuplex releases. At 19.4% of all observed systems, Windows 11's share rose by just 0.1% in March 2022. This month, shares rose by 0.3% to a...
  4. Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022: The usage share of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its rise in February 2022 according to AdDuplex. The usage share of newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 21H2, increased as well. [ATTACH] Third-party services track usage share changes of...
  5. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  6. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  7. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  8. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  9. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...