Windows 10: Adequate processors when buying used or refurb desktop for Windows 10

Discus and support Adequate processors when buying used or refurb desktop for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm switching to a desktop machine to give me more space on my small desktop by putting the system under the desk, just leaving a keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spthomas, Jun 19, 2019.

1. spthomas Win User

Adequate processors when buying used or refurb desktop for Windows 10

I'm switching to a desktop machine to give me more space on my small desktop by putting the system under the desk, just leaving a keyboard and flatscreen on the desk. I don't do games, not writing code, just basic email, web, some music applications. Normal stuff. I see a lot of used computers, and the dealers have some refurbished PCs. What is a good rule of thumb for the processor I need to look for. Sort of a "don't get anything older than xxxx, because performance is terrible". Or a high level benchmark of the last few years of processors. I'm guessing the ones I really want to consider is a pretty short list.

Steve

:)

spthomas, Jun 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s.

We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i proceed to use that licence?

Tanks. Best regards

CERTITECNASA, Jun 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Adequate processors when buying used or refurb desktop for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adequate processors buying

2. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  3. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  4. Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11: Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11 ? PC Health Checker says "no go for A-10." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-amd-a-10-processor-no-longer-adequate/ad49dbfa-a808-4b32-80c6-0bac198c668d
  5. Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11: Why is the AMD A-10 processor no longer adequate for Windows 11 ? PC Health Checker says "no go for A-10." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-amd-a-10-processor-no-longer-adequate/ad49dbfa-a808-4b32-80c6-0bac198c668d
  6. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb: It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that it's digitally and legally licensed to me.I have followed the instruction to ensure the Microsoft account/admin information is...
  7. Is Windows Defender Adequate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Adequate: Is that considered adequate for a real basic user? I rarely visit any 'odd' sites, dont open 'odd' emails, limited basic surfing, reading news, etc. But the other day, doing usual stuff, I got "this computer is blocked", do not try to restart. It said windows...
  8. Is Windows Defender Adequate

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Defender Adequate: Is that considered adequate for a real basic user? I rarely visit any 'odd' sites, dont open 'odd' emails, limited basic surfing, reading news, etc. But the other day, doing usual stuff, I got "this computer is blocked", do not try to restart. It said windows...
  9. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro for refurb pc: Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s. We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i...
  10. Thinking to buy new processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thinking to buy new processor: Hello, I don't know much about processors and I wanna know, how to find processor that will fit and work on my PC. Thanks. 3084