Windows 10: Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch

Discus and support Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SOMETIMES - not always - when the edges (typically horizontal ones) of two program windows (e.g. Firefox and Windows Live Mail) touch, they 'coalesce'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph PHILIPPA, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch

SOMETIMES - not always - when the edges (typically horizontal ones) of two program windows (e.g. Firefox and Windows Live Mail) touch, they 'coalesce' and then move as one. I know how to separate them, but I would rather not need to separate them. I use dual monitors. I have only noticed this in Win10.

I used to think it had to do with SNAP, but it happens even with SNAP turned off. Is there a remedy, or could it be that it is NOT a Windows phenomenon, but the result of a 3rd party program like the windows management program (Actual Windows Manager ?) ?

:)

Joseph PHILIPPA, Jul 23, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch

1. Adhesion of the edges when those of two program windows touch - Similar Threads - Adhesion edges those

2. When are the Edge tablet/touch issues on Windows going to be taken seriously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When are the Edge tablet/touch issues on Windows going to be taken seriously?: submitted by /u/NIVEA_GeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1597ccr/when_are_the_edge_tablettouch_issues_on_windows/
  3. What's the different on those two accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the different on those two accounts.: Hybrid AD, always confused about the MDM account. Here is what I did: Trandition way: Domain computer-- control panel -users-- add user With auto enroll to AAD GPO on AD server Or go-- add user On Intune, shows Hybrid AD registered But here also has business account setting,...
  4. What's the different on those two accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the different on those two accounts.: Hybrid AD, always confused about the MDM account. Here is what I did: Trandition way: Domain computer-- control panel -users-- add user With auto enroll to AAD GPO on AD server Or go-- add user On Intune, shows Hybrid AD registered But here also has business account setting,...
  5. What's the different on those two accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Maximize window hotkey does not work when program windows touch two sides of the screen at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximize window hotkey does not work when program windows touch two sides of the screen at once: I often use the windows key + up and windows key + down shortcuts to maximize and minimize windows, but I've been noticing that if I have a window that is touching two sides of the screen left and bottom, top and left, etc. the windows key + up hotkey stops working. If I move...
  7. Maximize window hotkey does not work when program windows touch two sides of the screen at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximize window hotkey does not work when program windows touch two sides of the screen at once: I often use the windows key + up and windows key + down shortcuts to maximize and minimize windows, but I've been noticing that if I have a window that is touching two sides of the screen left and bottom, top and left, etc. the windows key + up hotkey stops working. If I move...
  8. Loading programs when there are two drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading programs when there are two drives.: i have two drives one "c" is for windows "d" is for programs programs default to C how can i redirect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-programs-when-there-are-two-drives/6ffbd936-652a-4634-8378-4e3d7758aea9
  9. What's the defference between those two?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the defference between those two?: I want to buy the none windows 10 edition. which one is the right one?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-defference-between-those-two/25d44a6c-56e8-4c60-9e9c-1531faf27ac2
  10. Two Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Programs: When I was having trouble with my computer someone I spoke with download two programs and they are on my desktop. I have taken a small screenshot of them and maybe you can tell me what they are or what they are used for. Also, I downloaded the one on the right but did not...