Windows 10: Adjust brightness of external display in HDR

Discus and support Adjust brightness of external display in HDR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I own an Asus Zephyrus M16 2023 which has a MiniLED display. The brightness is really great but I wanted to get a second, slightly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HansKoenigEQ, May 27, 2024.

1. Adjust brightness of external display in HDR

Hello everyone,I own an Asus Zephyrus M16 2023 which has a MiniLED display. The brightness is really great but I wanted to get a second, slightly larger external display to support daily content consumption. The one I bought is actually an modified display from the Asus ROG Strix G18 2024 just the display built into a case with DP, USB-C ports and brightness control which has a 18 inch MiniLED display with double the dimming zones. Problem is, when connecting the external monitor and switching on HDR, the modified G18 display reverts to about 80% brightness. Usually you can increase it on th

:)

HansKoenigEQ, May 27, 2024

2. Windows 10 HDR Automatically Adjusting Brightness (With No Option to Turn Off)

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my PC to take advantage of HDR. I have an AMD 5700XT paired with a BenQ EX2780 external display, connected via HDMI 2.0

I have HDR enabled in Windows 10. I've noticed that when browsing the web, the screen's brightness will automatically adjust up and down depending on what I'm looking at - it's very annoying.

Granted, my particular monitor has a technology called HDRi which uses a sensor to determine brightness, however I have the monitor set to "Display HDR" (not using the "HDRi" auto brightness technology). I have already researched this on the monitor side
    and determined it is not the problem.

From other forums, it seems that the problem lies with Windows HDR itself. Adjusting the HDR/SDR slider doesn't alleviate the issue. Additionally, there is NO option to turn off "Adaptive Brightness" which is a setting some people have - not in the Display
    Settings or in the Power Plan Settings of Windows (there's simply no option for me to play with).

This issue does not happen in HDR enabled games, and is most noticeable when browsing the web on a white page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Rory Bradford, May 27, 2024
  3. Windows 11 is changing my screen brightness while I am actively using Apps

Could you confirm if HDR is enabled on your system? If not, To enable HDR and Auto HDR in Windows 11, please follow these steps:

1. Enable HDR in Windows 11:
      • Navigate to Settings > System > Display.
      • Toggle on "Use HDR" under the "HDR" section.
    2. Enable Auto HDR:
      • Within the same Display settings, toggle on "Use Auto HDR".
    Once HDR and Auto HDR are enabled, you'll notice the "SDR content brightness" slider under the HDR settings. Now, proceed to adjust the SDR content brightness slider:

1. Adjust the SDR Content Brightness Slider:
      • The SDR content brightness slider regulates the brightness of non-HDR content, such as the desktop and file explorer, when HDR is enabled. This adjustment may potentially resolve the issue you're facing.
    If the issue persists after these adjustments, you may consider the following troubleshooting steps:

• Connect a different monitor to your PC to determine if the issue lies with your monitor or your PC.
    • Alternatively, if you're experiencing significant difficulties, reverting to Windows 10 could be an option to explore.
    Please let me know if you require any further assistance or clarification.

Munkhbayar B., May 27, 2024
  4. Adjust brightness of external display in HDR

Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...justment/edd29431-b542-4025-895a-6365a0e2c46c

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Adjust brightness of external display in HDR

1. Adjust brightness of external display in HDR - Similar Threads - Adjust brightness external

2. Adjust brightness of external display in HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust brightness of external display in HDR: Hello everyone,I own an Asus Zephyrus M16 2023 which has a MiniLED display. The brightness is really great but I wanted to get a second, slightly larger external display to support daily content consumption. The one I bought is actually an modified display from the Asus ROG...
  3. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  4. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  5. Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.: I just noticed that since some recent update, it seems like a bug causes my whites in some applications to be changed to bright yellow on my HDR display the Windows 11 HDR mode is disabled.This looks extremely hideous and makes it impossible to carry out my graphic design,...
  6. Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.: I just noticed that since some recent update, it seems like a bug causes my whites in some applications to be changed to bright yellow on my HDR display the Windows 11 HDR mode is disabled.This looks extremely hideous and makes it impossible to carry out my graphic design,...
  7. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  8. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  9. Unable to get HDR on external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to get HDR on external display: hi, I’m using Hp Elite book 840 G4 with windows 10. What I’m trying to do is run videos (movies) though my laptop on a 55” 4K philips television which supports HDR10. I have bought a display port adapter which supports 4K @ 60hz. The setup is as below - 1. Laptop...
  10. Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10: I got a new Acer laptop less than a week ago, and installed all of the Windows 10 updates. After that, I found I was no longer able to adjust the screen brightness using the keyboard or anything I can find in Settings. I have read some other threads about how people solved...