Windows 10: Adjust Brightness option is missing

Discus and support Adjust Brightness option is missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ilyas Shigri, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option again?

Regards,

Ilyas Shigri

:)

Ilyas Shigri, Aug 5, 2019
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Aug 5, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

3rd party tools like Volumouse (free) allow key press + scroll to control brightness

Adjust Brightness option is missing [​IMG]

dalchina, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Adjust Brightness option is missing

1. Adjust Brightness option is missing - Similar Threads - Adjust Brightness option

2. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  3. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to adjust brightness in windows 10: There isn't an option available to adjust brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-adjust-brightness-in-windows-10/21ba1a5a-9107-4ab6-9ed0-361a685c46f4
  4. No option to adjust brightness in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Brightness adjusters

Missing Brightness adjusters: Hello! Thank you for taking the time to help me with my issue. For a while now I have been missing the ability to adjust the brightness on my monitor. I have ensured that my display adapter's drivers are up to date and my monitor drivers are also up to date. I am not able to...
  6. Brightness Option missing

Brightness Option missing: Hello my brightness option is missing .. I have no brightness option is System > display and my physical buttons is also not helpful .. Tried solutions- 1 Reboot 2 reinstalling display driver 3 3rd party app And none of them work .. nothing is working Please...
  7. Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness: Why would my computer no longer have an option to Sleep? Or to adjust screen brightness? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-adjusting-screen-brightness/d616fd76-8bc3-4c82-bd30-e9671b4b6743
  8. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...
  9. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness and color not showing