Windows 10: Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Discus and support Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D: so, I pressed properties and then elected location, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VARUNKUMAR POPURI, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello aaa5eeb7-18f2-4f54-8a6f-46ec0e663946?upload=true.png
    I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D:

so, I pressed properties and then elected location, then move and chose D: ,when i changed location i can't find captures floder in C: as shown above

I opened D and the screen captures were all around D and not in the captures folder...

Now my games save in videos as a default folder not even in a proper Captures folder and I can't manage to fix it.

Also, when I click on properties in D:, and press move to default location, it shows the videos folder where the capture folder was originally but error when I try to move it Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello 318c6dbf-5f64-433f-a85c-b8a2be76458e?upload=true.png

when i open D: there is no captures floder which i was moved to D: from c: as shown above.

What I can do to fix this? I want

1 a proper folder to the game screenshots and not randomly saved in videos I tried creating it myself but still doesn't save there

2 Fix the default location of my D: drive as it's worrying me badly

please help me.

:)

VARUNKUMAR POPURI, Sep 14, 2020

2. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hello

I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D:

I tried copying and pasting it there but it didn't work, so I pressed properties and then elected location, then move and chose D:

For some reason, I opened D and the screen captures were all around D and not in the captures folder...

Now my games save in videos as a default folder (not even in a proper Captures folder) and I can't manage to fix it.

Also, when I click on properties in D:, and press move to default location, it shows the videos folder where the capture folder was originally (but error when I try to move it)

What I can do to fix this? I want

1) a proper folder to the game screenshots and not randomly saved in videos (I tried creating it myself but still doesn't save there)

2) Fix the default location of my D: drive as it's worrying me badly

***Modified Title from: Game captures folders moved to D: is now gone!***

Hussein Berjaoui, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

1. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello - Similar Threads - Adjust capture settings

2. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  3. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  4. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  5. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  6. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

7. Change location of xbox capture folder

Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  8. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  9. Change location of xbox capture folder

10. Changing the location of Xbox captures

Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...