Windows 10: adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

Discus and support adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TPOWER, Jul 13, 2016.

1. TPOWER Win User

adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible?
    Thank you for your help

adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane [​IMG]

:)

TPOWER, Jul 13, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to minimize Preview Pane in Recycle Bin, Windows 10

Hi Arthur, do you mean the Preview Pane in Windows File Explorer?

If so, in Windows 10 it is either on or off, you cannot adjust it for just one folder . . .

On the View Ribbon (Tab) in Windows File Explorer, on the left side, you can toggle Preview Pane on or Off

To change the size of the Preview Pane, drag the left side of the Preview Pane left or right

That is about all the control we have over the Preview Pane

If this is not what you are referring to, please let me know . . .

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2016
  3. JoyceKNH Win User
    File Explorer

How do I eliminate the Windows 10 file explorer preview pane when I don't need it? Can I just turn it off and on with a click? With Windows 7, I could adjust the size of the windows.

JoyceKNH, Jul 13, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

There seems to be a minimum size which is pre-defined, you cannot make it smaller. The preview and details pane size is set by the DetailsContainerSizer binary value in the Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer

I do not know of way to make the thumbnail larger in the details pane. It is larger in the preview pane.

philc43, Jul 13, 2016
  5. TPOWER Win User
    I know it is larger in preview pane but I need to see also the file details info on the same pane, thank you

TPOWER, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane - Similar Threads - adjust file preview

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size: It's been a long time since I had a Windows 7 machine at work, but still have one at home I use as an internet only machine. That said, in Windows 7, when you resized the Windows Explorer window with preview pane turned on, the size of the preview changed. In Windows 10,...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size: It's been a long time since I had a Windows 7 machine at work, but still have one at home I use as an internet only machine. That said, in Windows 7, when you resized the Windows Explorer window with preview pane turned on, the size of the preview changed. In Windows 10,...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  6. Preview Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  7. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  8. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  9. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 preview pane size

2. how to increase size of document in preview pane

3. adjust size of preview pane in explorer