Windows 10: Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?

Discus and support Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity (not the level!!) of the microphone, because it deflects at the slightest touch. TIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by seestern1803, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?

Hello!

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity (not the level!!) of the microphone, because it deflects at the slightest touch.

TIA

:)

seestern1803, Aug 4, 2020
  2. SolarHawk Win User

Windows Automatically Adjusts Microphone Sensitivity

This is the millionth time I've posted this thread because no one has bothered replying!
    Basically I have a Samson Meteorite USB microphone, and I use it for Skype and communicating in games. Ever since a few weeks ago, I noticed my sensitivity levels on Skype were going up and up as I spoke, and then not coming down, even though I had "Automatically adjust microphone settings" unchecked. When I look on recording devices on Windows, the sensitivity also adjusts on there. I have tried moving the slider back down on both programs only for it to go back up again. I have also adjusted the microphone sensitivity on Steam, but that changes accordingly too.

It is highly annoying considering it adjusts to stupid levels where my microphone picks up everything and my friends begin to hear echo too. I have been looking at posts about this for a couple of weeks now and a huge amount of people seem to have this problem, mostly to do with Skype, and they all say the same thing:
    1. Make sure "Auto-adjust" is unchecked in Skype settings.
    2. Make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is unchecked in Audio settings.

Basically I cannot find any other more advanced explanations or solutions, apart from some program someone wrote to readjust it automatically every second, which in my opinion is not a feasible solution. This annoys me so much because it should just be so simple and not cause any hassle, but also because I have literally no idea what could be causing it to automatically adjust itself. I had a thought that it could be other programs that have access to my microphone that are adjusting it but firstly I unchecked option 2 ^ and secondly I have no idea what other programs would use my microphone.

NOTE: Also just to add, I have a web-cam and its sensitivity adjusts itself too, so it's not my microphone.
    Any help would be much appreciated, and maybe there are other settings I have missed?

Many thanks in advance,
    Tom

Windows 10 (64 bit)

SolarHawk, Aug 4, 2020
  3. SolarHawk Win User
    Microphone sensitivity automatically adjusts on its own

So this is really starting to f**k me off...
    Basically I have a Samson Meteorite USB microphone, and I use it for Skype and communicating in games. Ever since a few weeks ago, I noticed my sensitivity levels on Skype were going up and up as I spoke, and then not coming down, even though I had "Automatically adjust microphone settings" unchecked. When I look on recording devices on Windows, the sensitivity also adjusts on there. I have tried moving the slider back down on both programs only for it to go back up again. I have also adjusted the microphone sensitivity on Steam, but that changes accordingly too.

It is highly annoying considering it adjusts to stupid levels where my microphone picks up everything and my friends begin to hear echo too. I have been looking at posts about this for a couple of weeks now and a huge amount of people seem to have this problem, mostly to do with Skype, and they all say the same thing:
    1. Make sure "Auto-adjust" is unchecked in Skype settings.
    2. Make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is unchecked in Audio settings.

Basically I cannot find any other more advanced explanations or solutions, apart from some program someone wrote to readjust it automatically every second, which in my opinion is not a feasible solution. This annoys me so much because it should just be so simple and not cause any hassle, but also because I have literally no idea what could be causing it to automatically adjust itself. I had a thought that it could be other programs that have access to my microphone that are adjusting it but firstly I unchecked option 2 ^ and secondly I have no idea what other programs would use my microphone.

NOTE: Also just to add, I have a web-cam and its sensitivity adjusts itself too, so it's not my microphone.
    Any help would be much appreciated, and maybe there are other settings I have missed?

Many thanks in advance,
    Tom

Windows 10 (64 bit)

SolarHawk, Aug 4, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?

I want to adjust sensitivity of my Touchpad

Hello Janeth, I'm Sam, an Independent Adviser. Glad to assist and help with your question.

Follow the next steps one by one to adjust sensitivity in the Settings.

1. Go to Start to look for Settings.

2. Find Devices and then Touchpad.

3. Click on the Taps and then on Touchpad sensitivity.

4. Select the type of sensitivity you prefer from the drop-down list.

Do let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

SamuelLV, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?

1. Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows? - Similar Threads - Adjust microphone sensitivity

2. adjust keyboard sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adjust keyboard sensitivity: Please help me with my keyboard. The keys are so sensitive that I often type double or triple letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-keyboard-sensitivity/201f1bf3-4f2e-4fbe-b443-4e6cc4171e92
  3. adjust keyboard sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adjust keyboard sensitivity: Please help me with my keyboard. The keys are so sensitive that I often type double or triple letters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-keyboard-sensitivity/201f1bf3-4f2e-4fbe-b443-4e6cc4171e92
  4. How to adjust pen sensitivity on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to adjust pen sensitivity on Windows 11?: Hello!I recently got a new laptop, which has Windows 11. I'm an artist, so once I got my art programs installed I went to check out the laptop with my art tablet.I've discovered that the default pen sensitivity on this is... Too sensitive. My first and main art program Paint...
  5. How to adjust pen sensitivity on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to adjust pen sensitivity on Windows 11?: Hello!I recently got a new laptop, which has Windows 11. I'm an artist, so once I got my art programs installed I went to check out the laptop with my art tablet.I've discovered that the default pen sensitivity on this is... Too sensitive. My first and main art program Paint...
  6. How to adjust touchpad sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust touchpad sensitivity: I want to adjust touchpad sensitivity on my Lenovo laptop. Please tell me the best way to do it. Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-touchpad-sensitivity/c5aa30f0-6b3d-4b55-a3ff-61968f0f742c
  7. my microphone is too sensitive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my microphone is too sensitive: every time i talk to my friends they dont hear me because i talk quietly but they hear the noise of the microphone or air or whatever i wanted to change it too be quieter but every time i do that my friends cant hear me anymore...
  8. Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10: How to: Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 How to Adjust Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may need to adjust the touchpad sensitivity for your needs. Touchpad sensitivity is how much pressure...
  9. Windows Automatically Adjusts Microphone Sensitivity

Windows Automatically Adjusts Microphone Sensitivity: This is the millionth time I've posted this thread because no one has bothered replying! Basically I have a Samson Meteorite USB microphone, and I use it for Skype and communicating in games. Ever since a few weeks ago, I noticed my sensitivity levels on Skype were going up...
  10. Microphone sensitivity automatically adjusts on its own

Microphone sensitivity automatically adjusts on its own: So this is really starting to f**k me off... Basically I have a Samson Meteorite USB microphone, and I use it for Skype and communicating in games. Ever since a few weeks ago, I noticed my sensitivity levels on Skype were going up and up as I spoke, and then not coming down,...