Windows 10: Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?

Discus and support Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry. At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WND_64, Oct 1, 2018.

1. WND_64 Win User

Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?

To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry.

At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and "WheelScrollLines".

Changing either does not influence the settings which can be found in "System Settings"->"Mouse Settings"->"Choose how many lines to scroll each time" or how the mouse actually behaves.

The same goes for powershell scripts. Executing either

PS > set-itemproperty -path "HKCU:\Control Panel\Desktop" -Name WheelScrollChars -Value 3

PS > set-itemproperty -path "HKCU:\Control Panel\Desktop" -Name WheelScrollLines -Value 3

does change the registry values, however again, it does not affect the actual Mouse behavior.

Is there a need to reload the settings somehow, for changes to take effect?

Or am I looking at the wrong settings the begin with?

with friendly regards

:)

WND_64, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 1, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?

Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script?

1. Adjust mouse scroll speed WITHOUT settings app via script? - Similar Threads - Adjust mouse scroll

2. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  3. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed: Hi!I'm experiencing issues with a slow scroll speed when using the touchpad on my computer Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 I would like to have it increased.I've been researching this a bit online but haven't been able to find any support that remedies the issue I'm experiencing....
  4. Adjust precision touchpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse without borders mouse speed

Mouse without borders mouse speed: Hi to all. I apologize for the silly question from the start. Approx.. 8-9 months ago I installed mouse without borders on 2 powerful desktops to work with. Once installed and connected I traveled across to other PC and noted the mouse speed doubled. This is sending me nuts....
  6. Mouse without borders mouse speed

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse without borders mouse speed: Hi to all. I apologize for the silly question from the start. Approx.. 8-9 months ago I installed mouse without borders on 2 powerful desktops to work with. Once installed and connected I traveled across to other PC and noted the mouse speed doubled. This is sending me nuts....
  7. mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings

mouse pointer speed does not adjust when changed in settings: Hi, When I adjust the mouse pointer speed in the control panel it doesn't actually change the speed and remains on default. I have pressed "OK" and "Apply" and have tried numerous times with the fastest and the slowest setting and nothing seems to work. I just got this...
  8. Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust mouse scroll speed outside of settings app?: To my knowledge the mouse scroll speed is stored in the registry. At [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] are 2 options "WheelScrollChars" and "WheelScrollLines". Changing either does not influence the settings which can be found in "System Settings"->"Mouse...
  9. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  10. Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed

Mouse problems - not scrolling, resetting speed: Hi, I have a very strange and annoying problem. I bought a new mouse A4tech Bloody V7, I installed the software and everything seemed to be working fine. Then my PC went into the sleep mode and when I woke it up I realised that the mouse scroll doesn't work. I restarted the...