Windows 10: Adjust or delete line in Word 2013 after enter has been pressed

Discus and support Adjust or delete line in Word 2013 after enter has been pressed in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I make a line the length of the page or shorter, if I want to delete or shorten it I use backspace. But after pressing enter the line then expands... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by editman99, Jun 3, 2019.

1. editman99 Win User

Adjust or delete line in Word 2013 after enter has been pressed

I make a line the length of the page or shorter, if I want to delete or shorten it I use backspace. But after pressing enter the line then expands across the page and I can’t find a way to delete or shorten the line in Word 2013.Help please.

:)

editman99, Jun 3, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

I want to add a comma at the end of every line

• Click anywhere in the first line.
    • Press the End button on your keyboard.
    • Press the comma button on your keyboard.
    • Press the downward pointing arrow on your keyboard.
    • Press the End button on your keyboard.
    • Press the comma button on your keyboard.
    • Repeat steps 4 - 6 over and over until you reach the last line.
    If adding a comma at the end of a line causes the line to wrap, adjust the number of words in the line.

BulldogXX, Jun 3, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Remonator Win User

Search doesn't open results when pressing Enter

Hello,

lets say I want to open Word 2013. I press the Windows key, Start Menu opens, I'm typing "word" and Word 2013 appears on top of the list. Everythings fine so far. Now, if I press Enter, nothing happens. I have to click on the result in order to open Word.

I'm also not able to navigate up and down through the results with the arrow keys.

But If i slowly type letter by letter (w, then o, etc) and wait until Word is on top of the results, opening it with Enter works. But if I type a single additional letter after that, its not working anymore.

I've tried these already:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

It didn't help. When I create a new user account, everything with search is working fine there, but that doesn't help me since I don't want to have everything transferred to a new account...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Adjust or delete line in Word 2013 after enter has been pressed :)

Remonator, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Adjust or delete line in Word 2013 after enter has been pressed - Similar Threads - Adjust delete line

2. Word 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 2013: Attention my words 2013 disappear from my laptop Having issues printing & things like I WROTE with Words 2013 Turn to pads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2013/b86e27da-bbc6-46c6-bfa6-2d820cb04a66
  3. Word press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word press: not sure if suitable but it is software. I want to put wordpress blog into a sub domain, ok so far, it goes into a folder called 'wp' - but how do I open it to begin inserting relevant items onto page. Or is there another section to download inot the same folder, it does not...
  4. My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My windows 10 PC has the enter key constantly pressed: My pc's enter key has been constantly pressed. I have restarted, over and over, and it persists after i unplug my keyboard. I cannot log in as the enter key just enters my password as soon as i start to type. I cant check the on screen keyboard as i do not know how to access...
  5. Desktop has been deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop has been deleted: I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?...
  6. superfetch has been deleted on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    superfetch has been deleted on my laptop.: Superfetch was deleted from my services menu. How can I add it back to the menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-has-been-deleted-on-my-laptop/ba44bcc8-a3a2-4324-8b5a-a115cbcf63bb
  7. Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Delete Bold Line Across Page in Word 13: I have created a nine page document in Word 13. (OS is Windows 10.) While editing, I intended to draw a dividing line in the pages consisting of several asterisks. In doing so, the line converted itself into a dotted line of bold black squares extending the entire width of...
  8. How to delete a MBR when partition has already been deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete a MBR when partition has already been deleted: I was using external drive and was using Macrium Reflect to clone my primary drive once a week. I decided to use a different drive for the cloning and decided to delete the partitions on the original drive I was using. I successfully deleted the first two partitions and...
  9. How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on: I just reinstalled Win10. Before doing so I could go directly to my password screen, without the previous window thanks to a tweak, and when I keyed in my password it would open automatically without having to press the "Enter" key. Now I must do so. Can anyone remind me how...
  10. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter: I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering...