Windows 10: Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

Discus and support Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MGaudio, Jun 1, 2021.

1. MGaudio Win User

Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens, it appears double the size of the monitors, when I would like to have them all be the same size for navigation purposes. As it is now, the frame for switching from the 4k screen to the 1080p monitors is limited - if I try going from the top or bottom corner, it does not pass through, as Windows does not recognize the moni

:)

MGaudio, Jun 1, 2021

2. Dual Monitor Setup issues - 4k and 1080p combination

The issue is worse than it seems at first. I have a 4k display (200%) scaling and a 1080p display (100% scaling) and even office apps look blurry on the 1080p display. If I unplug the 4k display and reboot the problem goes away. I believe the problem is
    present on all apps and is a system issue. It's been suggested that to get the 100% scaling everything on both monitors is generated at 200% and then the part on the 1080p display is downsampled to 100%, resulting in the poor quality.

As it is Windows 10 is almost unusable with a very different DPI dual monitor setup.

RichardLittlewood, Jun 1, 2021
  3. 4K and 1080p monitors

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the different resolutions of computer screens. I have laptop with a 4K display and I have a 1080p monitor. Most applications that I use tend to scale correctly when I drag them across displays. However some applications like IDLE
    or Corsair UE don't tend to change their resolutions. They tend to stay the same when dragged to another display, so if it started on the 1080p screen it would go to really small and stay small on the 4k display and if I drag it from the 4k to the 1080p display
    the application is massive and can't be viewed. Is there any possible shortcut which can be used to "refresh" the application without quitting and re-opening?

Thanks in advance,

Blatherwick, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the
    4k display mainly for photo viewing/editing. Because my laptop is 1080p, does that mean the default windows 10 Images software will display my images in 1080p format? Or will it convert to the 4k due to the monitor? After trying to research this question online
    I just got all confused and am probably overthinking this question. Thanks!

SeanEldridge, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

1. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays? - Similar Threads - Adjust Scaling Display

2. 1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?: If I get a 4K, I'd play 1080p on it before later upgrading GPU for 4K But I hear 1080p on 4K = blurry. Or is it one of those things like 'very high shadows' v 'high shadows' where you'd need to compare screenshots to see a difference and / or care?
  3. 1080p to 4K Laptop Display Upgrade on Asus TUF F17, is it possible?

1080p to 4K Laptop Display Upgrade on Asus TUF F17, is it possible?: So recently I purchased a 2022 Asus TUF F17 laptop off Amazon considering it seemed to be a great piece of equipment for the price point. The model is FX707ZE but there was an oversight on my behalf, the display, which is total garbage. That being said I did some research and...
  4. 1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor: I have a laptop which uses a 4K screen. The problem is that I want to run intensive programs however I can only run them in lower resolutions such as 1080p as in 4K they are laggy and unusable. The problem is that if I set my computer resolution to 1080p, the ui, especially...
  5. 1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?

1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?: Is it somehow possible to get both displays to the same size in the display settings despite different resolution ? Because it annoys me a lot when I go up sideways with the mouse that I end up at a different point on the TV than I am out of the monitor. [ATTACH]...
  6. When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When will microsoft fix scaling in 4k displays ?!: Other operating systems doesn't have any problems with 4k displays. I really don't know why microsoft can't fix it permanently. submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6yq59/when_will_microsoft_fix_scaling_in_4k_displays/
  7. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings: I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my laptop display to 1080p since 1080p is exactly 4 times fewer pixels than 4k and therefore looks the most natural. But for some...
  8. 4k display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  9. 4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop: Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the 4k display mainly...
  10. 4K Display Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K Display Issues: I am in the process of installing Applications on my New ASUS Notebook PC Model Q535UD with a 15.6 inch 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) screen - 3840x2160 pixels. While installing applications (for example, HP 8640 Printer Assistant, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018) I...