Windows 10: Adjust screen resolution

Discus and support Adjust screen resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My display is too large, and many of the icons live at or over the edge of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianeOster1, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Adjust screen resolution

My display is too large, and many of the icons live at or over the edge of the screen

:)

DianeOster1, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Adjust screen resolution

My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Adjust screen resolution

1. Adjust screen resolution - Similar Threads - Adjust screen resolution

2. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  3. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  4. Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11: Hello there!After an update to Windows 11 I found an issue with the resolution of my second screen.In display settings the resolution menu is in grey and I can't change it.All drivers are up to date.I tried to make the second screen my main screen, to extant or duplicate, but...
  5. Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't adjust the resolution of my second screen after an update to Windows11: Hello there!After an update to Windows 11 I found an issue with the resolution of my second screen.In display settings the resolution menu is in grey and I can't change it.All drivers are up to date.I tried to make the second screen my main screen, to extant or duplicate, but...
  6. Windows Explorer freezes after adjusting screen resolution and connection to a monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer freezes after adjusting screen resolution and connection to a monitor: For context: I connected my Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with Windows 10 4K 3840 X 2400 to 2 monitors Acer 2560 X 1440 and Lenovo 1920 X 1080 via a Lenovo docking station to test a separate resolution issue with the monitors. After disconnecting the laptop, the scale was 100% and...
  7. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  8. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  9. Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display: I have my Windows 10 computer driving a flat screen (VGA?) display through HDMI port. Everything was fine until a recent update, now all of my programs hang over the edge rendering all of my music production programs unusable. I know this has happened before (many, many...
  10. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...