Windows 10: Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

Discus and support Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WayneMorgan, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After that time is up, the screen locks. In other words, the screen doesn't lock for a couple of seconds after it goes blank. What is that Registry setting to adjust this delay?

:)

WayneMorgan, Apr 26, 2023
  2. jeclose Win User

Lock Screen on timeout Windows 10

Nothing here has solved my problem; it is this: My lock screen will "lock" after only a few minutes away from the computer, requiring my PIN to get back in. I have "sleep" and "screen timeout" both set to one hour, but that doesn't seem to matter - the
    lock screen will kick in after only a few minutes.

The "lock screen" settings under "settings" does not include anything that allows you to adjust the lock screen timeout - that is,the ability to adjust when your screen reverts to the lock screen and requires log-in. You CAN adjust screen-saver and power
    down time-outs, but apparently NOT the lock screen itself. There's the nut of my question - and frustration.

I simply want my lock-screen to not "lock", consistent with screen-saver time-out. It's not the same thing, unfortunately.

I may be posting this as a reply to you, but the question goes back to everyone who is interested in this thread.

jeclose, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 26, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 26, 2023
Thema:

Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

1. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout - Similar Threads - Adjust Screen Sleep

2. Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting timeout for keyboard backlighting: In Windows 11 on a Dell laptop how do I adjust the timeout on keyboard backlighting? I do not see keyboard backlighting as an option at the Windows Mobility Center....
  3. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  4. Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Screen Sleep to Lock Timeout: I've seen this Registry setting before, but I just did a web search and couldn't find it. When the screen times out and turns off, there are a couple of seconds during which you can wiggle the mouse or press the space bar and the screen will return, but not be locked. After...
  5. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  6. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  7. screen timeout/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen timeout/sleep: my Acer is scheduled to go to sleep after 3 hours of away time (when plugged in) but goes to sleep after only a couple minutes. It is driving me crazy! does anyone know what setting I may need to adjust?...
  8. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  9. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  10. Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not go to sleep (lock screen) via timeout: So I have been having this problem for a couple of months and I do not know what to do. I have tried so many different things from many posts and I can't find anything that works. A few months ago I replaced my boot drive with an SSD drive. I did this by plugging in the SSD,...