Windows 10: Adjust sound volume scaling

Discus and support Adjust sound volume scaling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainMetal92, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Adjust sound volume scaling

Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that leaves me with only 4 levels between no sound and my ears start to bleed. What I've been wondering is if there is a way to set my current 5 to be the new 100, whilst I have my headset plugged in, if you get what I mean.

submitted by /u/CaptainMetal92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaptainMetal92, Nov 30, 2020
  2. GosuSheep Win User

"Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Nov 30, 2020
  4. sonnif Win User

Adjust sound volume scaling

I cant adjust the brightness scale on my Asus A43SA ! Please Help.

Hello,

I got some issue, i cant adjust the scale brightness on my laptop. When i drag to move the scale to reduce the brightness untill 25%, it will suddenly black screen. Thats mean i cant see anything on screen. I just can adjust it untill 75% but it when plugged
    the power. But if use battery, i cant adjust any brightness scale. I need to adjust it untill 25% or less to reduce the battery used.

Please tell me if any suggestion or troubleshooting for this issue. I am waiting for further step information.

Thanks.

sonnif, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Adjust sound volume scaling

1. Adjust sound volume scaling - Similar Threads - Adjust sound volume

2. volume adjustment malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume adjustment malfunction: My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio...
  3. Taskbar volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar volume adjustment: The Taskbar volume show the percent setting for the volume but no longer shows the volume adjustment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-adjustment/b5a64f01-169e-4d75-a819-2af3eda63392
  4. Can't adjust the volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust the volume: Hi, I have a computer with external speakers. My issue is that I can only adjust on those speakers. Adjusting the volume in windows has no effect, it only cut off the sound if I put it at zero. It's really annoying, it's much more easy for me to control the volume directly...
  5. Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume: I had originally set up the volume shortcuts on my Ducky One 2 keyboard and in SteelSeries Engine (for my mouse) and they worked as expected to adjust overall volume level until about two weeks ago when they started adjusting only the system sounds volume level. I didn't...
  6. Sound adjustment

Sound adjustment: How to adjust treble & bass sounds mixer. Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment/1735b9ea-579b-4524-81b4-7c7c75c0fdd2
  7. Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open: Since this morning whenever I open the volume slider an alarm sound starts playing automatically. Because I want to adjust the volume of the thing I'm currently listening to this is obviously rather annoying. I cannot find any information about this only so I was wondering if...
  8. [SOLVED] Sound volume auto adjusting problem

[SOLVED] Sound volume auto adjusting problem: Hello there, So, last month I've purchased my HP Notebook - 15-da0019nia. I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 1809), which is the latest edition at the time, and all of my drivers are up-to-date, but there's a super annoying problem that I'm facing for the first time ever....
  9. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 how to Scale sound volume