Windows 10: Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen

Discus and support Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a convertible and when i put it in tablet mode in portrait on my lap, the windows bar is so close to my body I almost cant press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Egillissen, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen

Hi there,

I have a convertible and when i put it in tablet mode in portrait on my lap, the windows bar is so close to my body I almost cant press the buttons. Now I wanna keep the same DPI, but wanna only dislay on the 2/3 top area of my screen.
    So from this

Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen [​IMG]

To somtehing like this

I tried searching, changing canvas, display size etc but only end op finding ways to change the resolution in all versions of windows or the canvas size in paint or other drawing apps. Not in windows..... So it comes down to that i wanna display in 1920x1080 but not using 1/3 at the bottom. So displaying in 1280x1080 and leaving the bottom 640x1080 of my screen black lifting the windows bar at the bottom of my screen up bij 640 pixels.

How to do this and probably wich app to use?

TANX A MILLION

ps did not put windows version etc in here since i dont think it is relevant for this general question.

:)

Egillissen, Jul 12, 2020

2. Cannot adjust display brightness in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

What is the make and model of your PC?

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers
    and check if it helps you.

Refer:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 12, 2020
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 12, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen

Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hi, volumouse (free) offers brightness control with the scroll wheel + 1 key. Steps are configurable:

dalchina, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen

1. Adjust the canvas in which windows displays on my screen - Similar Threads - Adjust canvas displays

2. Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?: Hello,I am trying to rearrange my displays for a multi-monitor setup, however in settings it Windows won't let me drag the displays to rearrange the screens or even give the option to apply changes. Also, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep...
  3. Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?: Hello,I am trying to rearrange my displays for a multi-monitor setup, however in settings it Windows won't let me drag the displays to rearrange the screens or even give the option to apply changes. Also, I have a problem where the drop down menu of screen settings keep...
  4. Why can't I adjust my display screen settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adjust the cancas in wich windows displays on my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Adjust the cancas in wich windows displays on my screen: Hi there, I have a convertible and when i put it in tablet mode in portrait on my lap, the windows bar is so close to my body I almost cant press the buttons. Now I wanna keep the same DPI, but wanna only dislay on the 2/3 top area of my screen. So from this [img] To...
  6. Need help adjusting my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help adjusting my display: My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I can resize Windows 10 to use the part of my display which still works? submitted by /u/geekalert91 [link] [comments]...
  7. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  8. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  9. enabling the display adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    enabling the display adjustment: Hi, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop windows 10. I couldn't adjust the brightness because the brightness adjustment is not working. How can I enable the brightness adjustment so I can adjust the brightness of the monitor? Please help. Thanks a lot. ecoprew...
  10. Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust screen resolution to match my display: I have my Windows 10 computer driving a flat screen (VGA?) display through HDMI port. Everything was fine until a recent update, now all of my programs hang over the edge rendering all of my music production programs unusable. I know this has happened before (many, many...