Windows 10: Adjust to Auto Brightness

Discus and support Adjust to Auto Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop. I wan to keep keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavinMathos, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Adjust to Auto Brightness

To,
    Microsoft Community

Hi, this is Gavin. Using your Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.508 on My Laptop.

I wan to keep keep Auto Brightness or Adaptive Brightness for My Laptop. How do i do that. Means My Laptop should Automatically adjust to the Brightness as per the Light in the surrounding.

Please help me to do that through Windows 10 OS Settings.

Thanks & Regards,

Gavin

:)

GavinMathos, Sep 10, 2020

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Adjust to Auto Brightness

Shawn Brink, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Adjust to Auto Brightness

1. Adjust to Auto Brightness - Similar Threads - Adjust Auto Brightness

2. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  3. Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos: How can I disable the auto brightness adjustment in MS Photos? Every time I open photos, one or two seconds later it became darker, honestly I don't like it. I already tried to enter this command "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  4. How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off auto brightness adjustment on the WEBCAM: Hi there. I am lucky enough to have a desk in front of a window, so I have tons of natural light shining on to my face and room. With a properly adjusted camera, this looks wonderful. However, Windows has decided that their auto-brightness on the webcam is just perfect, and...
  5. adjust brightness

adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  6. Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, brightness auto-adjusts constantly: I have an HP envy x360, and the brightness adjusts up and down constantly, seemingly depending on the brightness of the page/background. This happens regardless of whether or not i have power saving mode enabled, and both plugged and unplugged. Even manually setting the...
  7. Auto adjustment brightness react slowly

Auto adjustment brightness react slowly: Hi Microsoft My Dell platform XPS 7390 2in1 had reacted slowly at auto adjustment brightness. I keep doing the Windows Update. Now is at version 18362.449 and still find it react slowly while the light of environment change How can I improve it?...
  8. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  9. Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness

Windows 10 auto adjusting brightness: Whenever I watch a video in full screen, windows just keep auto adjusting the brightness setting. If I switch back to normal the screen gets dim all way down, I go back to full screen it gets brighter all way up, I switch to another window and gets dimmer aall way down again....
  10. Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable 10's auto-brightness adjustment capabilities?: I set my monitor to a set brightness that I want, but I sometimes see my screen dimming and brightening on its' own, even when I'm actively using my laptop. I think 10 must have some kind of auto-brightness adjustment capability, that detects lighting conditions around me and...