Windows 10: Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

Discus and support Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I’m coming from Apple, and now own an Alienware M15 R2 with windows 10. I’m wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the individual brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/there_is__no_spoon, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

Hi all,

I’m coming from Apple, and now own an Alienware M15 R2 with windows 10. I’m wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the individual brightness control keys and volume control keys to adjust without having to hold “fn” at the same time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/there_is__no_spoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/there_is__no_spoon, Nov 18, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Nov 18, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Nov 18, 2019
  4. KittenW Win User

Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

Dell e6220 fn keys can't adjust brightness on windows 10

My dell e6220 can't adjust brightness on windows 10 via fn+arrow up/down combination. However it is possible to adjust brightness using power management window, or notification panel. Also, after intel hd 3000 updating driver in device management window,
    it's possible to change brightness via fn+arrow up/down combination, until I restart pc.

p.s. sorry for my english.

KittenW, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

1. Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key? - Similar Threads - Adjust volume brightness

2. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  3. Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverse Function Keys to default to volume/brightness adjust: I recently bought a Samsung computer with Windows 11.On the top row of the keyboard are the Function keys F1, F2, F12, etc which also double as the brightness adjust, volume adjust, etc.When I press those keys by themselves, it works as the function keys F1, F2, etcHowever,...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  5. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  6. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My volume and brightness keys have switched with fn?: I have an HP notebook running the latest windows 10. My volume/brightness keys used to work fine but now they have switched with the fn keys. I went into BIOS and turned off action keys, but that didn't do anything. I do not have a fn lock key on my keyboard, and I've tried...
  8. Cannot use volume without FN key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot use volume without FN key?: I don’t know what happened but my Toshiba laptop Windows 10 now requires me to press the FN key to use the volume keys when I turned it on today. I tried toggling between special and standard in the BIOS menu but it made no difference which one I picked when I tried both....
  9. fn keys for brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....
  10. Disabling predictive volume/brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling predictive volume/brightness adjustment: When adjusting volume or brightness i either stay on the button or tap it in quick succession until i get to exactly the desired value. At least, that is what i am trying to do. Instead, after a few steps Windows pretends to know what i want, and proceeds with a massive,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off the fn keys for volume and brightness button in windows 10

2. set bightness keys

3. How to adjust volume on keyboard without Fn key

4. volume and brightness buttons working for dummies,
  5. volume keys not working without fn,
  6. turn down brighntess without fn key,
  7. turn down brightness wothout fn,
  8. FN key not working to adjust volume,
  9. adjust volume without fn key,
  10. i dont want to push fn key for volume,
  11. brightness keys without fn,