Windows 10: Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Discus and support Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by portalpacific, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray.

How do you customize the window color for dark mode? I am not interested in using any of the high contrast solutions.

I was searching all over the registry for this color value and was unable to find it...

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme? [​IMG]

:)

portalpacific, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Stevo Win User

How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?

I enabled the dark theme and I really like the way it looks. I'm just trying to tweak it to my own preferences. I found 2 places in the registry where I thought the adjustments would work, but they have no effect. The second folder is just above the seleced folder at .../colors.

Stevo, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Stevo Win User
    How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?

For example, the "active" green border color around my settings window clashes with the rest of my theme. Does anyone know how to set the color on elements like this?

Stevo, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Personalize colors and themes on Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on the pictures being dark on Windows 10, you can try to play around with the colors and themes that will suit you.

Here are the steps to customize your color and theme:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Make sure that the Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned off.
    • Select the color that you like from the grid of colors.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

1. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme? - Similar Threads - Adjust Black color

2. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  3. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  4. windows dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows dark theme: does windows dark theme both app theme and windows theme affect performance of PC and make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/084869e9-30d3-42a3-a573-e9f0f16a75df
  5. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme: I noticed the troubleshooting program and probably some other things has the text of the upper bar where close icon is black, even if I have a dark color as my Windows theme. I'm just making a suggestion to fix this on the next update. It's not a huge issue, but just to make...
  6. Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?: So, if you turn on light theme the icons in taskbar (icon tray) like WiFi, volume etc turn black. Is it possible to use the black themes icons while using the overall dark theme on Windows? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  7. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...
  8. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background. [ATTACH]...
  9. File Explorer does not adjust with Windows 10 dark theme

File Explorer does not adjust with Windows 10 dark theme: Hi, I have recently swapped from light to dark theme in windows. All Microsoft application automatically picked up the new theme except the Classic Control Panel and File Explorer. I tried couple of tweaks but nothing seemed to resolve this. Anyone can help me to see...
  10. How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?

How to Adjust Desktop Element's Colors in Dark Theme?: I enabled the dark theme and I really like the way it looks. I'm just trying to tweak it to my own preferences. I found 2 places in the registry where I thought the adjustments would work, but they have no effect. The second folder is just above the seleced folder at...