Windows 10: Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...

Discus and support Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 16gb I read online for people to change their page file to manual and do minimum your size of memory and maximum whatever your memory size is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thesusebee77, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...

I have 16gb I read online for people to change their page file to manual and do minimum your size of memory and maximum whatever your memory size is 4x. so I did 16000 and 64000 , now it would run the game.

Now the issue is ANYTHING else will not run , I tried to restore the page file back to system managed for both drives and even with this.. it’s still not working the same. With me just having them back on system managed it will run any game for awhile and then crash and give me a memory error, lose any open browsers. Occasionally the whole pc will crash if opening an app while on a browser. I never had any of these problems before, only after I messed with the page file Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run... :(

How do I get this back to normal? I don’t know what it was set at before!!

submitted by /u/thesusebee77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thesusebee77, Nov 17, 2020

2. microsoft flight sim 2004 help

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer the question, mentioned below:

• Which version of Flight simulator would you like to install?

I would suggest you to try these steps below and check, if it helps.

Try to install Microsoft flight simulator game in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode
    and check, if that helps.

1. Download the Microsoft flight simulator game from the Microsoft website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the Microsoft flight simulator
    game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Microsoft flight simulator game install and then, check the functionality.

Please feel free to get back to us, if you need further help and we would be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 17, 2020
  3. CANNOT LAUNCH FLIGHT SIM X

Hi Dewald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Flight Sim X is not running after the first startup closed. We will help you.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    and check if the same issue persists.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    • Restart the System and check opening the application again.
    If the above steps do not work, then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the game. They would assist you better with the issue.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...

Can't run sims 1.

Hi Addison,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Can you run other games on the computer?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps provided below and check, if it helps.

The issue is occurring due to outdated or corrupt graphics card driver.

Method 1:

You may also update the graphic card driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

•Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

•Expand “Display Adaptor”.

•Right click on the graphic card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

Install the latest Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver in Compatibility mode:

I would suggest you to uninstall and download the Latest the Display adaptor driver and Graphic card driver from manufacture's website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in

Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver to install and then, check the functionality.

I would also suggest you to uninstall and download the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software from The Sims official game software website and reinstall it in compatibility mode.

Try to follow these steps to uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software:

1. Press Windows key + R, to get the RUN command.

2. In RUN command Window, type control.

3. The Control Panel appears, then go to programs and features option.

4. In the programs and features option, go to the Uninstall or change a program and then, you can uninstall the Sims 1 deluxe edition game software.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...

1. Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run... - Similar Threads - Adjusted page file

2. Microsoft Flight sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight sim: Hello, I recently downloaded and installed M\F/S 2021 Standed edition, on my windows 10 pc . I have had no problems using the flight sim through the Monitor but i have just purchased an Meta Oculus quest 2 VR Headset and i am unable to use it in VR Mode in M/F/S . This is...
  3. Microsoft Flight sim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight sim: Hello, I recently downloaded and installed M\F/S 2021 Standed edition, on my windows 10 pc . I have had no problems using the flight sim through the Monitor but i have just purchased an Meta Oculus quest 2 VR Headset and i am unable to use it in VR Mode in M/F/S . This is...
  4. How to download Microsoft flight sim to pc that runs windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download Microsoft flight sim to pc that runs windows 11: I am wondering how I download msfs to a windows 11 pc Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-flight-sim-to-pc-that/c47579d2-7e56-4766-9d7c-f0013dbd3959
  5. How to download Microsoft flight sim to pc that runs windows 11

How to download Microsoft flight sim to pc that runs windows 11: I am wondering how I download msfs to a windows 11 pc Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-flight-sim-to-pc-that/c47579d2-7e56-4766-9d7c-f0013dbd3959
  6. running microsoft flight simulator

running microsoft flight simulator: I am thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 , will this run microsoft flight simulator well ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-microsoft-flight-simulator/7a810287-32a2-41d3-a828-b83dd3a3b868
  7. Microsoft flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight Sim 2020: I have recently bought a Dell Alienware tower Aurora R11 I dont have enough space for the game so im using a external hard drive. Two times ive had to download Flight Sim and I keep coming back to it being deleted....... Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong....
  8. microsoft flight sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight sim: need support buying installing flight simulator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-sim/f65d7717-0695-4364-966a-9125db72e1fb
  9. Microsoft Flight Sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim: Holy cow, Did I just buy a flight sim for over 100 dollars tht does not come with a Manual on how to fly or even how to use the product Microsoft sold me. This is seriously bad. Microsoft you need to be giving me some money back. Yep gonna be needing a reply to this>...
  10. I want to run Flight Sim 2020 On Desktop & Laptop not at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to run Flight Sim 2020 On Desktop & Laptop not at the same time: I want to buy the pc version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and run it on my laptop as well as on my desktop. not at the same time - just be able to play it on either one depending on where I am. Can this be done...