Windows 10: Adjusting brightness on my windows 10

Discus and support Adjusting brightness on my windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not know how or when it started, it just appeared suddenly one fine day. I normally use F5 or F6 to adjust the brightness level on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrewsjx, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Andrewsjx Win User

Adjusting brightness on my windows 10

I do not know how or when it started, it just appeared suddenly one fine day. I normally use F5 or F6 to adjust the brightness level on my computer. However, when the problem arose, I could only adjust to a min 60% and a max of 100% brightness using the keys F5 and F6. Also, the brightness was able to decrease under 60% only if I went to change the brightness level under settings or anywhere that changes my brightness. Thus, how do I fix this?

:)

Andrewsjx, Jun 11, 2021

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Adjusting brightness on my windows 10

Shawn Brink, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Adjusting brightness on my windows 10

1. Adjusting brightness on my windows 10 - Similar Threads - Adjusting brightness

2. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't adjust brightness how to fix it: i can't adjust brightness on my Lenovo Thinkpad and when try to fix it by opening the dvice manager to update my Microsoft basic adapter it doesn't work....
  3. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't adjust brightness how to fix it: i can't adjust brightness on my Lenovo Thinkpad and when try to fix it by opening the dvice manager to update my Microsoft basic adapter it doesn't work....
  4. i can't adjust brightness how to fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?: Before you tell me to check "Action Center" and "Settings - Display" and "Control Panel - Device Manager" AND "update your GPU driver" I already did. So what's the secret?...
  6. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?: Before you tell me to check "Action Center" and "Settings - Display" and "Control Panel - Device Manager" AND "update your GPU driver" I already did. So what's the secret?...
  7. Why doesn't Windows allow brightness adjustment?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  9. How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?

How do I adjust the brightness on my extended monitors?: The monitors do not have buttons, and when i click the action center it only changes on my laptop. When I disconnect my laptop and attempt to turn the brightness down on the monitor the brightness bar is completely greyed out, as in I cannot change anything. Windows 10....
  10. Prevent windows from adjusting brightness on each Power Mode change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows from adjusting brightness on each Power Mode change: Hello,I have an issue with windows forcedly setting display brightness level every time I change Power Mode in the settings on my laptop.For example, when Power Mode is set to Best Performance brightness is being set to zero. Even if I max out brightness manually, every time...