Windows 10: Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.

Discus and support Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently trying to adjust my camera settings. Before windows 10 there was a small tool bar that use to let me adjust the camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David G.272, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.

Hello,

I am currently trying to adjust my camera settings. Before windows 10 there was a small tool bar that use to let me adjust the camera settings such as the brightness, contrast, color, etc. I have a built in webcam on my Envy 14 laptop. I need to use this webcam in order to present my projects via-webcam due to COVID-19. How can I access these settings ?

:)

David G.272, Apr 3, 2020

2. Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Dear Anup, Greetings and good wishes

Very pleased to see your reply. I have given you the laptop details at the bottom of my reply but first I would like to tell you the result of the above exercise when I followed the steps you mentioned.

The below mentioned sequence of screens appeared. There were no sliders or adjusting options.

• Calibrate display color clicked on same thru cortana.
    • Clicked Next on Display Color Calibration window. No Sliders or adjustment options
    • Clicked Next on Set basic color settings window. No sliders or adjustment options
    • There was no screen for How to adjust gamma so I clicked Next button to continue.
    • When the above fourth step screen was not available to Adjust gamma window prompts. I Pressed
      Next button.
    • Then I saw the Find the brightness and contrast controls display. BUT NO SLIDERS or Adjustment options SO I Tapped on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment still to see what happens.
    • I got the window called How to adjust color balance. without any sliders.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, I hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, I noticed another window Adjust color balance. In this window, I had no option or sliders to adjust the primary colors in fact there the strips had no red,
      blue or green colors except black and grey strips so I pressed the
      Next button.
    • Finally, I clicked the Finish button.
    IN ALL THE ABOVE STEPS I COULD NOT FIND ANY SLIDERS OR ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS ALL SCREENS WERE GREY WITH INSTRUCTIONS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.

My Laptop Details
    Make: HP, Model: G42 477TU Note book (Laptop), Processor: Intel (R) core(TM) i5CPU M480 @2.67GHz, RAM: 4GB, System Type: 64-bit operating system,x64 based processor. The keyboard came installed with the Laptop and couldn't find any specifications or types
    written on the keyboard pad. As iam novice to technicalities it willbe great to learn from you if you can guide me find the same.
    Before ending my feed back I would like to give you a piece of information if etal it is linked to my problem. When I tried the windows update it says it cannot update Intel(R) HD Graphics due to Error 0x800f0203 although it was available. I tried this
    update several times but got the same error message.
    Looking forward to your reply ASAP.

[*]

Sriniwas SharmaGunttur, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.

camera settings, windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Which app are you referring to Is it MS camera app or
      Non-MS Camera app?
    If it is MS Camera app.

Unfortunately this option is not present in windows 10.

I would suggest you to adjust the brightness & contrast of the desktop, follow the below steps.

• Click Cortana search at the taskbar.
    • Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts. Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances
      and when pull it downward brightness decreases. This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the
      Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

Also refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps, please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.

1. Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc. - Similar Threads - Adjusting Camera Settings

2. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  3. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  4. Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Colors: Fading, Low Contrast And Low Brightness: Hello team,I have been facing issue of my display colors getting faded, low contrast and low brightness than normal . As soon as I switch to any other windowi.e file explorer, browser...etc the contrast starts to get back to normal and so does screen regains it colors and...
  5. Switching between different color settings brightness and contrast?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between different color settings brightness and contrast?: Hello,is there a way to have multiple color settings for your display color profiles, so that you can switch between them?I'm not talking about the color of the taskbar or dark mode. But contrast/brightness/gamma settings.For example: I want to use my main color settings with...
  6. How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.

How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.: Text is too light adjusting brightness causes glare rather than sharpening text. Increasing font doesn't help either. How do I adjust contrast to darken + sharpen text? Thanks....
  7. How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?

How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?: Hi, Anyone would know where are the controls to adjust the brightness and contrast for laptop displays in color calibration? The instructions say to use controls on monitor but my laptop display doesn't have buttons for that. Any idea?...
  8. Windows Brightness and Contrast - How to adjust?

Windows Brightness and Contrast - How to adjust?: Windows Brightness and Contrast - How to adjust? My Windows 10 version is 1909. I am trying to change the contrast and or brightness when viewing different screens. The adjustment for these settings seem to apply to other versions of Windows. Please comment. Thanks,...
  9. Contrast/Brightness Settings

Contrast/Brightness Settings: I've been having a lot of trouble with my contrast and brightness settings on my laptop. When I play games that are dark or take place during the night, I can hardly see anything. The games themselves do not always have the option to change these settings, however I've seen...
  10. What can I use to adjust camera? brightness, color, tint etc etc ...

What can I use to adjust camera? brightness, color, tint etc etc ...: Some very mediocre cameras have come with some entirely sufficient software. I find no such with Life Cam Studio. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-use-to-adjust-camera-brightness-color/5386e75f-9df4-48c3-ad9a-98084d87559d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 adjust camera brightness

2. adjust camera brightness settings windows 10

3. windows webcam settings contrast

4. windows 10 adjust webcam brightness,
  5. adjust webcam brightness windows 10,
  6. can i adjust webcam brightness etc windows 10,
  7. adjust webcam color settings in windows 10