Windows 10: Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

Discus and support Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; See screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HelpMePlease7455, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

See screenshot

:)

HelpMePlease7455, Aug 17, 2021

2. N95 Java app master volume

Is there a setting do control the master volume for Java apps in N95?

I was trying to play some Java games but the sound is too loud when starting up so I would like to adjust the volume before the Java game is loaded.

Thanks.
    Message Edited by daddoo on 28-Jul-200708:13 AM

daddoo---01, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Aug 17, 2021
  4. dinkymau Win User

Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

1. Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume - Similar Threads - Adjusting Master Volume

2. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  6. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  7. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  8. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  9. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!: Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to...
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. JAVA GAME VOLUME LOW APP