Windows 10: ADK Windows 10 SIM Error

Discus and support ADK Windows 10 SIM Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have downloaded the ADK from this link : Kits et outils pour WindowsÂ*10Â*- Centre de développement matériel WindowsÂ*10 And i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nicelife90, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ADK Windows 10 SIM Error

Hello,

I have downloaded the ADK from this link :

Kits et outils pour WindowsÂ*10Â*- Centre de développement matériel WindowsÂ*10

And i have used windows media creation tools from this link to create an windows 10 iso.

Windows 10

But when i'm trying to create new response file with system image manager i c'ant load install.wim from any x86 or x64 version of windows 10.

Here is the message that system image manager give me.

15:50 : Cette application nécessite la version 10.0.10240.16384 de Windows ADK.
    Installez cette version pour résoudre le problème
    15:50 :
    15:50 : Erreur lors de l’ouverture de l’image Windows C:\Users\ylafontaine\Desktop\install.wim.

15:50 :
    15:50 : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Tentative de chargement d’un programme de format incorrect
    Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimFileHandle..ctor(String wimPath)
    Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimInfo..ctor(String wimPath)
    Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.OpenWim(String wimPath)
    Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ImagePicker.GetImageInfoFromPath(String path)
    Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ImagePicker.ValidateImageFileOrFolder(String fileOrFolder)

But when i check the system image manager the version is the same that the error could you help me whit this please.

:)

nicelife90, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 ADK

Is there a Windows 10 ADK available now that Windows 10 has released? I have the ADK Tech Preview, looking for the final ADK.

EDIT: It appears that the preview ADK will not open the WIM files from the downloaded ISO's

ChrisMartens, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Windows cannot read the <Product key> setting from the unattend answer file

Hello All,

This is my first computer build and am currently into day three of dealing with this issue. With that being said, I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

The original Window 10 thumb drive was purchased and is a Microsoft product. I've down loaded ADK, 3 more copies of windows 10, and before this, I spent a total of 3hrs 45min on the phone with India and spent the better part of a day, reading and watching
    tutorials on the subject, so that I would not screw up this repair. Everything was good until an error popped up... Here's the log

5:49 PM : This application requires version 10.0.14393.0 of the Windows ADK.

Install this version to correct the problem

5:53 PM :

5:53 PM : Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows ADK User's Guide.

5:53 PM :

5:53 PM : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified

Server stack trace:

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimImageInfo.PreCreateCatalog()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CatalogCreatorImpl.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.ICatalogCreator.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.CatalogGenerator.CreateCat(ProgressDialog pd, Object o)

6:00 PM :

6:00 PM : Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows ADK User's Guide.

So, I installed version 10.0.14393.0 for Windows ADK but, it was to no avail. Now I'm stuck here...... Can anyone help me please.

How do I use ADK to fix the product key problem when ADK won't work??? Short cut, a way around this, anyone?

Thanks for any help you folks can give me. It is truly appreciated.

Paul

AlreadyInProgress, Sep 4, 2015
  4. ADK Windows 10 SIM Error

It seem that SIM can't open install.wim from iso created by windows media creation tools because i torrent an msdn version and now it's working.

nicelife90, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

ADK Windows 10 SIM Error

1. ADK Windows 10 SIM Error - Similar Threads - ADK SIM Error

2. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  3. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows adk: I want to download windows 10 assessment and deployment tool kit for version 22h2 but i cant find it in their assessment and deployment page. I can only find windows 11 , windows 10 1903 and windows 2004. Can anyone give me the link?...
  4. WIndows adk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows ADK Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ADK Error: Hi,So today I downloaded Windows ADK and I want to install Application Compability Tool, I went through all the proccess, did everything fine but then when it start to run, it stucked at 0%, I checked the log files, it said this error code: Win32 Error Code: -2147467259...
  6. Windows ADK Error

Windows ADK Error: Hi,So today I downloaded Windows ADK and I want to install Application Compability Tool, I went through all the proccess, did everything fine but then when it start to run, it stucked at 0%, I checked the log files, it said this error code: Win32 Error Code: -2147467259...
  7. Windows 10 ADK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ADK: The Windows assessment and deployment kit Windows ADK In your opinion would this be worth Downloading and Installing ? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-adk/03b2d4b4-dda5-47d6-b8ef-3624b3357f4c
  8. ADK on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADK on Windows 10: I'm running Win 10 Home on a 64-bit HP system. Have just seen adksetup.exe in my Downloads folder. Why is it there? What is it for? Do I need it? If so, why? If not, can I just delete or shred it? Thanks in advance....
  9. What's wrong with the Windows 10 ADK?

What's wrong with the Windows 10 ADK?: Since my update to the final Windows 10 version the previously installed Windows 10 ADK is now showing all the files as 0 bytes in size. I deleted them as they are worthless now. Re-Downloaded the Windows 10 ADK setup.exe but will not install. Immediately comes back with...
  10. Windows 10 ADK config - Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ADK config - Help: Hello *Smile I'm trying to create unattended answer file for windows 10. (to use with sysprep) I'm using the ADK 1703 version. Everything is fine expect the language configurations (Microsoft-windows-international-Core-WinPe_10.0.15063.0_natural) I want to achieve this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this application requires version 10.0.14393.0 of the windows adk.install this version to correct the problem

2. windows 1903 sim adk