Windows 10: Admin access

Discus and support Admin access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am an admin on our Surface and my husband's account shows up as another admin as well but he cannot remember username or email and so he cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KrisztinaBusch, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Admin access

I am an admin on our Surface and my husband's account shows up as another admin as well but he cannot remember username or email and so he cannot login. Where can I as an admin find his login details or reset for him.

:)

KrisztinaBusch, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 18, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Admin access

Windows 10 no admin access

Hi,

We'd like to learn more about the issue that you recently encountered. For us to provide the troubleshooting steps, please clarify the following:

• When you mentioned that you have no admin access, does it mean that you can sign in to your own user profile but the privilege is limited?
    • Have you made any changes or installed updates before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter an error message/code when you tried to restore your PC?
    To also answer your inquiry about the Admin account, there is a hidden built-in Admin account that you use in case of emergency. We will provide the instructions on how to access the hidden Admin account once we determine the root cause of your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Admin access

1. Admin access - Similar Threads - Admin access

2. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error: When I tried launching Honkai Star Rail today it said this:This content is blockedFor your protection your administrator is not allowing you to access content from -After it launches the computer closes it and shows this:I am the admin, hsr is perfectly safe, it was fine...
  3. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error: When I tried launching Honkai Star Rail today it said this:This content is blockedFor your protection your administrator is not allowing you to access content from -After it launches the computer closes it and shows this:I am the admin, hsr is perfectly safe, it was fine...
  4. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Im using microsoft surface pro 7+, no school email and no 3rd party antivirus. How can I enable windows security updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-limited-access-by-it/2685c4af-67f2-4c85-bd20-ae57b9adc181
  6. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Im using microsoft surface pro 7+, no school email and no 3rd party antivirus. How can I enable windows security updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-limited-access-by-it/2685c4af-67f2-4c85-bd20-ae57b9adc181
  7. your IT admin has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your IT admin has limited access: Hello, whenever I try to open my virus and threat protection it says that my access has been blocked by an IT admin. I cant open reg edit nor through Windows+r, ive installed an anti virus that doesn't work and it says that I don't have admin access when opening games....
  8. your IT admin has limited access

your IT admin has limited access: Hello, whenever I try to open my virus and threat protection it says that my access has been blocked by an IT admin. I cant open reg edit nor through Windows+r, ive installed an anti virus that doesn't work and it says that I don't have admin access when opening games....
  9. I own this laptop and all of a sudden it wants admin access for a bunch of stuff?

I own this laptop and all of a sudden it wants admin access for a bunch of stuff?: It gives me the usual "Do you want to allow this app to make changes" popup and it wants me to enter a password and username, but there is no "yes" button just "no" A: why do i need admin access all of a sudden and not always, B: wheres a : thanks in advanced...
  10. I own this laptop and all of a sudden it wants admin access for a bunch of stuff?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I own this laptop and all of a sudden it wants admin access for a bunch of stuff?: It gives me the usual "Do you want to allow this app to make changes" popup and it wants me to enter a password and username, but there is no "yes" button just "no" A: why do i need admin access all of a sudden and not always, B: wheres a : thanks in advanced...