Windows 10: Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in

Discus and support Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I boot up my Windows 10 desktop, the sign-in screen at the center of the display says, "Administrator" and below that it says that the password is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kokomojo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. kokomojo Win User

Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in

When I boot up my Windows 10 desktop, the sign-in screen at the center of the display says, "Administrator" and below that it says that the password is incorrect.

In the bottom left-hand corner there are two listings: "admin" and "myname." I click on "myname" and then at the center of the screen is says my name and below that there's a blank box to enter the password. I enter my Windows password and all is well.

But I don't want to have to do this every time I boot up the computer. I want it to display my name right away and not "Administrator" which I did not create. The myname account is an administrator account.

I've gone into Settings and Accounts and there is only the "myname" account listed. I don't see any "Administrator" or "admin" account.

Some posts have suggested going into Computer Management and clicking on "Groups and Users" or "Users," but there are no such listings under Computer Management in Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

kokomojo, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in :(

Zakin, Feb 14, 2019
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Feb 14, 2019
  4. NinkobEi Win User

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

visit safemode, log into admin account. download malwarebytes (or transfer from usb). run malwarebytes. exit safe mode. run an updated malwarebytes on admin account. eat some pie ;D

NinkobEi, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in - Similar Threads - Admin account account

2. Windows 10 Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Admin Account: I currently log in with a PIN. However, something recently went haywire and it lost my PIN "not available" and could not log in using the admin account as it says it doesn't exist it is my old account. I tried recovering the account but it also says account does not exist....
  3. Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11: I have Windows 11 which I upgraded from Windows 10.I have an admin account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** … a primary alias.I sign onto windows using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is the only option available to me.How can I sign onto my...
  4. Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11

Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11: I have Windows 11 which I upgraded from Windows 10.I have an admin account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** … a primary alias.I sign onto windows using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is the only option available to me.How can I sign onto my...
  5. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  6. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  7. Admin Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Account Windows 10: I am unable to access the admin account on my desktop. I am running Windows 10. No matter what I try to do, it asks for a password; however, when I enter my Microsoft account password I am told it is incorrect....
  8. Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account.: My niece and nephew are visiting. Therefore, I created an account for them to sign into my computer using the "family and friends" feature. However, now whenever I try to log into my account, I can only sign in to their accounts. When you click on the account that you are...
  9. Sign in options are not displaying for admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in options are not displaying for admin account: After my PC decided to update, I have not been able to choose the sign in option. This is bad since I cannot remember the text password, only the picture password. Is there any way to make this screen show up again? The admin account was only a local account, so I cannot...
  10. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in as administrator in windows 10 bootup