Windows 10: Admin account disabled

Discus and support Admin account disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone help me? Running Win10 Pro on Dell laptop E6500. When booting up, the Administrator account does not appear in the log in screen. This is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jskamm1, May 8, 2020.

1. jskamm1 Win User

Admin account disabled

Can someone help me?

Running Win10 Pro on Dell laptop E6500. When booting up, the Administrator account does not appear in the log in screen. This is because the account is disabled, for some reason. So I log in with my local account with administrative rights. I'm trying to enable the administrative account to no avail. One way I've tried to enable the account is through the gpedit.msc command. I go to Windows Setting > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options, then in the right pane I double click "Accounts:Administrator account status" and select enable. Then click OK or apply and I get this error message. "Access is Denied" Failed to save.

Then I ran lusrmgr.msc from the run screen app. Clicked on users then doubled clicked the "Administrator" account and unchecked "Account is disabled" and get this error message..."The password does not meet the password policy requirements"

Then I turned off My Norton anti-virus program and reran both of the above programs with the same results.

Is there someone who can help me Enable this Administrator account...PLEASE. Spending hours trying to fix.

Thanks

John

:)

jskamm1, May 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 8, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Admin Account Disabled

I am glad that the problem is fixed.

It occurs to me that [whilst I know nothing about domains] since you now have your working Admin account & a spare Admin account you might want to make a system image then connect to that domain again.
    • I suspect that the domain might only mess up Admin accounts that you are currently logged into at the time & leave your other Admin accounts alone.
    • If this is true then you could routinely make a temporary [sacrificial] Admin account to connect with so that your normal accounts were kept safe.

All the best,
    Denis

Try3, May 8, 2020
  4. mafia97 Win User

Admin account disabled

Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Admin account disabled

1. Admin account disabled - Similar Threads - Admin account disabled

2. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  3. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  4. Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account: Hello,I am getting a notice in Microsoft Edge that says "Sign in to send your requestYou need to sign back in to your Microsoft account so you can send your parent a request to view this page."This is a local admin account and there should be no enforcement of any web...
  5. Extra Admin Account - Can't disable or remove.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra Admin Account - Can't disable or remove.: Does anyone know how to remove an additional admin account? I tried but it's not working. I created it with a powershell command, I needed to do so apparently in order to remove some bloatware. I'm assuming that's why the admin account is there, I didn't have one before. I...
  6. Disable Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Admin Account: how to disable administrator account in windows 10 that I've forgotten pp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-admin-account/6d40db04-e19f-424b-9c88-5e39b7de74d2"
  7. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  8. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  9. Admin Account Disabled

Admin Account Disabled: Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a workgroup I realised that their server had applied a group policy that disabled by local admin account. I am now left with my...
  10. Windows 10 disabled admin account

Windows 10 disabled admin account: hello I have a lenovo laptop with the TMP chip and bitlocker. I had a admin account on the domain but i took the laptop off the domain, did not realise that the local administrator account is disabled. So now i can only login to the laptop with a standard account....