Windows 10: Admin account disappeared

Discus and support Admin account disappeared in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Obviously after doing something bad in "lusrmgr.msc" I lost my Admin account, only my private account is accessible. How can I restore the Admin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GunterVSPQ, May 6, 2022.

1. Admin account disappeared

Obviously after doing something bad in "lusrmgr.msc" I lost my Admin account, only my private account is accessible. How can I restore the Admin account?

:)

GunterVSPQ, May 6, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 6, 2022
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, May 6, 2022
  4. Matt18 Win User

Admin account disappeared

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Admin account disappeared

1. Admin account disappeared - Similar Threads - Admin account disappeared

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  5. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update: I have windows 10 and after restarting my PC yesterday, windows ran some updates, after which my main account disappeared and the system defaulted to admin account. I do not know the password to the admin account so I can no longer login and there is no option to change user,...
  6. Local user account disappeared and windows defaulted to admin account after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin accounts: I'm getting my partner to give me a user account whereby I'll be able to login and install software at will. My questions are: Does this need to be an admin account? Secondly I don't want to see what files she has, that's her business and I know admin level users can see...
  8. MY ADMIN ACCOUNT JUST DISAPPEARED!!!

MY ADMIN ACCOUNT JUST DISAPPEARED!!!: I had the exact same issue as this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-prompt-yes-button-gone/45f3b9c2-9524-46ad-959a-f6fe4677da02, but when I followed the steps, my admin account was gone! Please help me. This local account is not admin and I can't fix...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...