Windows 10: Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

Discus and support Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts: Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home Current OS: 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samurai7388, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

I have a bizarre problem, and here are some basic facts:

• Computer: HP laptop, originally purchased with 64-bit Windows 10 Home
    • Current OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - upgraded after the initial purchase upgrade, not a fresh install
    • I am the administrator on the computer, and my account was created prior to upgrading the OS
    • Issue: When is an admin account not a complete admin account?

For a specific communications software program to operate properly, my computer clock must be very accurate. The app I use to ensure an accurate computer clock time connects to a web-based pool of time servers, compares their time with the computer time, adjusts the computer clock if necessary, and creates a log entry confirming the action. The log entry is only written if the app is able to compare and/or adjust the computer clock.

The app, of course, requires UAC because it needs to adjust the computer clock. It works properly when I run it manually but, when Task Scheduler runs it automatically on a schedule, it runs but does not work properly even though the task is configured to run the app using my same administrator account and to run with highest privileges. It seems that it cannot work with the computer clock and, as a result, terminates without syncing the time or creating any log entry.

This app was written by a friend and it functions properly for him on his computer regardless of whether he runs it manually or as a scheduled task. He is the administrator of his computer, and he is using the same OS version that I am. One difference is that he had Windows 10 Pro right off the bat - not an upgrade as in my case. I don't know if that should matter, but it is a difference.

So my question is "what could possibly cause the difference where I am able to manually run the app successfully but, when Task Scheduler runs it using my account, it fails to complete the required action?"

Any assistance would be very much appreciated, as I am completely baffled. Thank you.

:)

Samurai7388, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to perform Task Scheduler on Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the standard account and log-in with an Admin account on Windows 10.

Try to perform Task scheduler from Admin account and check if the issue persists.

Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2020
  3. abvvvv Win User
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

I was searching for a solution to my laptop starting by itself after going to sleep mode. I've read a possible solution is disabling "Reboot" task in "UpdateOrchestrator". Unfortunately, when I try to do this I get a message:

---------------------------

Task Scheduler

The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.

OK

I don't know how to get that permission. I opened Task Scheduler as administrator, also Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts says there is one user account and it's type is "Administrator".

I'm on the current version of Windows 10 (the newest Creator's Update or whatever it's called).

abvvvv, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler

1. Admin Account "Incomplete" Permissions with Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Admin Account Incomplete

2. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  3. Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler - How to to grant non-admin users the permission to view and run a scheduled...: We use role based access and currently have local groups for all users and admins on a Windows 2016 Server.The role membership includes AD groups where AD members are added.The QA team members are non-administrators and access the QA server using RDP.Our QA team members need...
  4. Task Scheduler Azure Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Azure Account: I am trying to run a basic task on the task schedule, open a file on my OneDrive, overnight, so the PC will be asleep and I will need to run if not logged in. I sign into this PC using an organization Azure account admin. However I can't get my username recognized, I keep...
  5. Task Scheduler Azure Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Azure Account: I am trying to run a basic task on the task schedule, open a file on my OneDrive, overnight, so the PC will be asleep and I will need to run if not logged in. I sign into this PC using an organization Azure account admin. However I can't get my username recognized, I keep...
  6. Task Scheduler Azure Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Aking for Admin permissions.: Windows 10 20h2 Im going nuts with this new level of protection. Turned the Uac to the lowest, still im having windows pooping all the time asking for permissions sometimes applications that cant do some actions unless im as admin or copying files to specific folders, its...
  8. Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permissions to delete files with Task Scheduler: Hi I have setup Windows Backup to utilise a spare internal hard disk, it works well. I have some large files which change quite regularly which are filling the disk quickly. I have setup a Scheduled task that uses Forfiles to delete old copies of these files, everything...
  9. Task Scheduler no permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler no permissions: As of June this year, I had full control over everything in my task scheduler. I could delete/modify anything, and I had a few tasks that I had created. Now, for whatever reason, I cannot edit, delete, disable, or enable any tasks. I can only make new ones. Those new ones I...
  10. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...