Windows 10: Admin account is locked or corrupt

Discus and support Admin account is locked or corrupt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt or locked. I tried the last password and PIN used but no lock. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sylvanusmonyem, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Admin account is locked or corrupt

I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt or locked. I tried the last password and PIN used but no lock. I would like to access the hidden admin account. I am sending this request for help from a new profile on the same computer.

Please help ASAP

:)

sylvanusmonyem, Oct 30, 2020

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Admin account corrupted

Hi Joshua.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL + Shift + ESC.

• Click File >
      Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD.

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    6. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Create a new user account in Safe Mode and give admin privileges to the new account.

Create a new user account

Add or remove accounts on your PC

After creating new user account, press Windows key, type
    Mange your account
    and hit Enter. Click on Family
    and other users
    and select the newly created account. Now change the account type to
    Administrator.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 30, 2020
  4. PANDIT G. Win User

Admin account is locked or corrupt

Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Admin account is locked or corrupt

1. Admin account is locked or corrupt - Similar Threads - Admin account locked

2. Got Locked out of Admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got Locked out of Admin account: I have two accounts on my pc, admin and non admin A few days ago i was changing the pin of my admin account and later when i tried to log in, it saypid that its unable to setup pin and i need to use password which i completely forgot PLEASE HELP...
  3. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  4. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  5. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. changing admin while the admin account is locked

changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  7. Corrupted Admin Account

Corrupted Admin Account: Hello, Approximately 2 +/- weeks ago I posted a question regarding my corrupted admin account along with what I had done to solve the issue. Have not heard a thing so have been left to search your database in order to resolve the issue. Since then I have tried other...
  8. Locked out of admin account with no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of admin account with no password: I was an idiot and made my extra account with no password the admin account, so now I can do barely anything. My pc locked me out of the account due to having "the wrong password" but I never even set one. I can't do the startup menu hack since my pc has a broken screen and...
  9. Locked Out of Admin Account

Locked Out of Admin Account: I have become locked out of my admin account because my password seems to have changed. I haven't used this account in a couple of years as I have a second account which I use regularly. Both accounts have the same password. I just noticed that my clock did not adjust for DST...
  10. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted Admin Account (Mine): A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account...