Windows 10: admin account issue

Discus and support admin account issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am trying to run some apps as an admin, the screen keeps freezing and then I get a message "insufficient rights" or "An administrator has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarmonyBB., Jun 24, 2020.

1. admin account issue

When I am trying to run some apps as an admin, the screen keeps freezing and then I get a message "insufficient rights" or "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. Access denied." But I am an administrator and I have only one account on this computer. I cannot create another account because of the "try again later."

:)

HarmonyBB., Jun 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 24, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 24, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

admin account issue

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

admin account issue

1. admin account issue - Similar Threads - admin account issue

2. Account Admin Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Admin Issue: I had a Microsoft Office account because my sister added me to her family plan. When I purchased a new laptop, I brought over files from my old laptop, one of which was my MS Office account. I subsequently purchased my own account. However, my sister's email address is now...
  3. Account Admin Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Admin Issue: I had a Microsoft Office account because my sister added me to her family plan. When I purchased a new laptop, I brought over files from my old laptop, one of which was my MS Office account. I subsequently purchased my own account. However, my sister's email address is now...
  4. Admin account login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account login issue: Hello,This morning I was working on getting a game working which was giving me some trouble. In the process of working on it, I restarted my machine only to find myself locked out of my account. I was working with some of the startup services and I'm afraid I must have...
  5. Admin account login issue

Admin account login issue: Hello,This morning I was working on getting a game working which was giving me some trouble. In the process of working on it, I restarted my machine only to find myself locked out of my account. I was working with some of the startup services and I'm afraid I must have...
  6. Admin account login issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Issues with admin/closed account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with admin/closed account: Hello, i have been trying to figure this out for about 5 hours and i am still stuck, i closed a microsoft account and it is still saying that it is my administrator account. I tried the windows + R netplwiz but it won't let me access it because the account that is my admin...
  8. Issues with admin/closed account

Issues with admin/closed account: Hello, i have been trying to figure this out for about 5 hours and i am still stuck, i closed a microsoft account and it is still saying that it is my administrator account. I tried the windows + R netplwiz but it won't let me access it because the account that is my admin...
  9. Is there a security issue with making an account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a security issue with making an account admin: For security, I typically setup a pc by setting up an local admin account and then create other accounts without local admin. My wife complains that she often get popups from Zoom about firewalls and can't remember the admin password to enable it. In the old days, you want to...
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...