Windows 10: Admin account login

Discus and support Admin account login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I try to make changes I am asked for an admin name and password. I have looked an User accounts in control panel and it does not show an admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShirleyNicholl, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Admin account login

Whenever I try to make changes I am asked for an admin name and password. I have looked an User accounts in control panel and it does not show an admin account just a local one. How can I get these details? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ShirleyNicholl, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

4. C0zzie Win User

Admin account login

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Admin account login

1. Admin account login - Similar Threads - Admin account login

2. Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create NON-ADMIN Microsoft login account: I have Win10 Pro & 11 boxes with a local admin account only. We are moving to Azure so I need to create a user using a Microsoft account on the machine. When I try and create a user through Settings-Accounts-Access Work or School to create the user, it does just that and that...
  3. Can't login as my local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login as my local admin account: I have two local accounts on the PC. Windows automatically logs in as Operator.adminOperatorI removed administrator access from the Operator account and now I can't get it to login as my admin account. I can boot to cmd, make changes to the registry, but they don't take. I...
  4. Admin account login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account login issue: Hello,This morning I was working on getting a game working which was giving me some trouble. In the process of working on it, I restarted my machine only to find myself locked out of my account. I was working with some of the startup services and I'm afraid I must have...
  5. Admin account login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin account login issue: Hello,This morning I was working on getting a game working which was giving me some trouble. In the process of working on it, I restarted my machine only to find myself locked out of my account. I was working with some of the startup services and I'm afraid I must have...
  6. Admin account login issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. admin user account display name on login

admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  8. Unable to login with my admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login with my admin account: Hello I had an outlook.com id adminthrough which i used to login to Windows 10. While in Windows 10, i created one more user for a guest account. Everything was fine until yesterday and now i am unable to login to my computer using my Admin ID . The computer shows 2 ID's...
  9. Unable to login to admin account

Unable to login to admin account: Hi Experts, I am not able to login to my admin account. I was trying some thing with net user command and accidently might have reseted the password. Now I am not able to login back. I have a guest account on the laptop with which I can log in, it has minimum privileges....
  10. Unable to login into admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login into admin account: Hi All, I am unable to login into admin account using the current credentials, but i am able to login into the server using user credentials that i created. Can any on help me in debugging the issue....