Windows 10: Admin Account Name

Discus and support Admin Account Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All! I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this. My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MEE97B, Nov 11, 2018.

1. MEE97B Win User

Admin Account Name

Hi All!

I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this.

My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I go into my C Drive, it says the account name as 'marsh' and it's really annoying! I didn't do this! This is my nickname not the name of the account of my computer! If anyone can help me to change it please help!

Have a good one to all!

:)

MEE97B, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 11, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Nov 11, 2018
  4. C0zzie Win User

Admin Account Name

How to change admin user account name?

Ah so just ignore the 'Brink' and use the 'Brink2' as the example

And step 1 and 2, I was confused at that part also.
    For example, my user account is called for e.g 'wizzle'
    If I want to change the name to 'wizzle2', and by following steps 1 and 2;
    -I sign out of my MS account (step 1)...and then sign in?

I understand the steps 3 onwards but steps 1 and 2 with the sign out/in was confusing :?

C0zzie, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Admin Account Name

1. Admin Account Name - Similar Threads - Admin Account Name

2. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  3. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  4. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change user folder name from Admin account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change user folder name from Admin account.: I am trying to change my user folder name which I can see in terminal / command prompt on windows. User name has been successfully change. only the actual folder rename is not happening. did changed the Profile Image Path but then, when I try to login, I am asked to lockout...
  6. admin user account display name on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  7. Admin name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin name: I want to change my admin name cuz I spelled my last name wrong it changes until I type my password in anyone know how to help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-name/61c1e2c0-a4f5-477b-91a4-9637e172c9f5
  8. Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change: Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help me with this as I've been searching through all forums for the past 4 hours and i'm about to loose my head. A couple weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account name (It seemed that some games needed that as my name has special...
  9. Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler: I set up a new computer with an MS admin account named X. For business reasons, I decided to change the name to Y (X and Y are placeholders). I did this through my MS account. I also changed the account to a local account. Everything looked fine. Until I decided to create a...
  10. How to change admin user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477