Windows 10: Admin account not working

Discus and support Admin account not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had an admin account on my PC and I wanted to create a new admin account so I created a new one and gave admin privileges. After that, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amitabh Chaturvedi, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Admin account not working

Hello,

I had an admin account on my PC and I wanted to create a new admin account so I created a new one and gave admin privileges. After that, I tried to log in with the new account but it didn't work. I thought it had something to do with the old account so I deleted the old account, but the new one still didn't work.

Now I am left with the situation that I can't log in as an admin to my PC as it does no allow me. So incidentally, I am left with no admin account on the PC, and can't install anything, even updates.

I have tried using the Recovery mode with net administrator command, but it says you are not an admin. My laptop is an ACER laptop and when I try to use ACER Care Center app, if doesn't open as it also needs administrator access.

MS support asked me to update windows using the media creation app but it also needs admin access. It leaves me clueless as to how to solve this issue.

Any support will be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Amitabh Chaturvedi, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 21, 2020
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Sep 21, 2020
  4. birosh Win User

Admin account not working

RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Admin account not working [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

Admin account not working [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Admin account not working

1. Admin account not working - Similar Threads - Admin account working

2. Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account: When I first bought my PC, I set up a User account and have used it pretty much ever since. However, the other day I found that Bluetooth failed to connect to any devices in my User account when the PC was woken from sleep mode and I had to reboot to get a connection. So I...
  3. Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account: When I first bought my PC, I set up a User account and have used it pretty much ever since. However, the other day I found that Bluetooth failed to connect to any devices in my User account when the PC was woken from sleep mode and I had to reboot to get a connection. So I...
  4. Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Work or School Account & Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work or School Account & Admin Account: Hi Team,Kindly note, that i had configured my laptop several months back with the admin username and password which i have forgotten. It seems my earlier organisation overtook the control which I have now left, so am in a situation that I can neither uninstall apps nor remove...
  6. Work or School Account & Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work or School Account & Admin Account: Hi Team,Kindly note, that i had configured my laptop several months back with the admin username and password which i have forgotten. It seems my earlier organisation overtook the control which I have now left, so am in a situation that I can neither uninstall apps nor remove...
  7. Work or School Account & Admin Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Admin account not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account not working: I have two user accounts on my laptop - One userID with administrative rights for special requirement only. And one userID with standard rights non-administrative for normal working.Of late, after all windows 10 updates, the laptop windows 10 Version 21H1; OS Build...
  9. Start Button not working in an Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button not working in an Admin Account: I factory resetted my PC. When I tried to make a new account through an Admin Account,the start menu didn't open. It doesnt open,and the taskbar settings don't work too. How do I make a new account?...
  10. RDP to non-admin account not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to non-admin account not working: I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account. I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window: [img]...