Windows 10: Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that...

Discus and support Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings everyone! I have a profile that's non-administrator on my daughters computer we both use. Brittany is the Administrator. I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrendaFrank, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that...

Greetings everyone!

I have a profile that's non-administrator on my daughters computer we both use. Brittany is the Administrator.

I noticed a few days ago since an update come through called meet now I needed Admin access and I discovered by looking under the UAC controls my daughters whole profile is gone. Only my non-admin profile for Brenda is there.

She doesn't know this yet and she will freak out when she finds this so I'm here to get help to restore this profile for her. I hope there's a short route for this. I don't know if this update had anything to do with this or its just coincidence. Can someone please help me restore this profile for her.

Her computer has windows 10 and it's a 64-bit.

Her profile shows with her name like mine does when logged out and then you choose which account you want to login into. It shows but when I punch in the password, this is where it just stops and goes no further.

Sincerely,

Moses

:)

BrendaFrank, Dec 4, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that...

Need to activate admin account on Windows 10 PC.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Were you able to enable to built-in admin account?

If yes, then you should be able to login to the new admin account to make changes to the UAC settings. If you have logged in to the standard account then you cannot make changes to the user profile unless you have the admin rights.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that...

1. Admin account profile has disappeared from under the UAC - cannot make any changes that... - Similar Threads - Admin account profile

2. I cannot make my account an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot make my account an admin: I started using this computer at work and logged into it with my account, we have a local domain. But on this computer I don't have admin privileges and I have been trying to give myself but they aren't working. I use another machine at work with the same account, under the...
  3. I cannot make my account an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot make my account an admin: I started using this computer at work and logged into it with my account, we have a local domain. But on this computer I don't have admin privileges and I have been trying to give myself but they aren't working. I use another machine at work with the same account, under the...
  4. prioritize Admin accounts list in UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prioritize Admin accounts list in UAC: I have just created a second admin account, giving me now two in total. I also have my standard user account and when I get a UAC prompt, the new default admin account listed is the just created admin account. Before making the new admin account, I just had the original admin...
  5. Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes: HI, We have a windows 10 computer on our domain and somehow it's lost it's connection and local settings. I am the domain admin and I cannot make any changes on this computer - error - need admin user name and PW. Was able to check network connections and it's not hitting...
  6. I cannot make an account an admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot make an account an admin: Although I saw multiple videos on how to become an admin on desktop devices, I could not figure out how to become an admin on the Surface Go 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-an-account-an-admin/899fb40c-9ba6-4c87-a80e-f6d98d928692
  7. Changing the UAC Setting Prompt for Built-In Admin account?

Changing the UAC Setting Prompt for Built-In Admin account?: Just wondering if I need to set the following UAC Prompt for the Built-In Administrator account even when its disabled by default? I created my own Admin account during Windows 10 installation, but by default, the Built-In Admin account is disabled. So do I need to set the...
  8. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  9. Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded: Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I attempted to create a new account and give it admin rights and change the old account to regular user. When I tried to login as...
  10. admin account profile

admin account profile: i have gotten my user account set up just the way i want, and now i would like to have an admin account available on my login screen (in addition to my user account) that has same basic settings (all the stuff the way i want it) as my user account. i have found that if i...