Windows 10: Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change

Discus and support Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help me with this as I've been searching through all forums for the past 4 hours and i'm about to loose my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TienSeg, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TienSeg Win User

Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change

Hello everybody,

I hope somebody can help me with this as I've been searching through all forums for the past 4 hours and i'm about to loose my head.

A couple weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account name (It seemed that some games needed that as my name has special characters in it.).

Ever since i did that, my admin account on my PC turned into a guest account. I've been stuck against a wall trying to download drivers or literally change anything that involves me giving admin rights.

I've tried going into safe mode. I couldn't do anything with the administrator there as it was displaying an error asking for an app to be able to use the taskbar, right click or anything at all.

I'm just looping around. Please help me.

Thanks

P.S.: If that helps. The Administrator account is called ASPNET (DefaultAccount) - The other account is mine (Tien) which is the guest account listed as WDAGUtilityAccount.

:)

TienSeg, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 6, 2018
  3. xZer0zGOD Win User
    Admin account turns to guest account

Original Title: Account

I dont know what happen i was like 2 min admin and than it turn my account into a guest is there any way to fix this

xZer0zGOD, Sep 6, 2018
  4. tsram90 Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change - Similar Threads - Admin account turned

2. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  6. Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name: I recently purchased a new Dell laptop and had my employee prepare it for me. She made the mistake of using my microsoft account instead of creating a local account when first starting the computer. Now, I can't change my name on the admin account and can't be anonymous on...
  7. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!: Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted...
  8. Admin Account Name

Admin Account Name: Hi All! I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this. My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I go into my C Drive, it says the account name as 'marsh' and it's really annoying! I didn't do this! This is my nickname not...
  9. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...
  10. Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck with a guest account - can't access admin account: I am trying to change my user account from guest to admin as many things aren't working right. I have tried cmd -> netplwiz and it asks me for an admin password, but gives me no box to type it in. Even if it did, I don't know what the admin password is. I have two accounts...