Windows 10: admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

Discus and support admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by trogne, Feb 26, 2018.

1. trogne Win User

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of the newly created user.

I did that. But is this better or equivalent to keeping only one user, with admin rights, and using UAC maxed out ?

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

trogne, Feb 26, 2018
  2. skim33 Win User

User Account Control displays administrator names

Hello all,

I am trying to setup Windows 10 Professional to prompt non-admin accounts for an admin user name and password. So far the UAC displays the domain\admin-user name and asks to enter the password. Is there a way to make the user type in the both the user
    name and password?

Thanks!

skim33, Feb 26, 2018
  3. ksw-007 Win User
    Administrator rights blocked on Windows 10 computer.

Original Title: administrator rights blocked

hi

I have been through many threads and my issue is more complicated?

I enrolled onto a Hotmail account synced with windows which created a password entry into windows, as this was a pain I swapped back to local user then my problems started.

I can no longer get into admin user account as, all options in windows requires admin rights and when I click on them the UAC box appears and the yes button is greyed out.

There is no admin in user accounts but when I go into file manager and open a files properties it shows the user account and admin account.

I have tried CMD (non admin)and Net user administrator /activate:yes and this returns a system error 5.

Tried CMD (non admin) net user administrator * and entered in a password and get access denied?

I can not enter CMD as administrator as when I right click and select it brings up the UAC with greyed out yes box again, also tried this in safe mode and the same issue?

I have run IOBIT Malware and AVG and found nothing? I can not load anything else in as it requires admin rights?

any more thoughts?

ksw-007, Feb 26, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Patrick.
    Your teacher is correct. It's best to always use a "limited" account as your daily driver. That way, if something nasty sneaks into your system, it can't do as much damage as it could in a user account with admin privileges.

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

1. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password - Similar Threads - admin account UAC

2. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto input admin account password UAC prompts: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889I have two accounts , built in administrator account "administrator" , Another administrator account "PC"computer\administrator and computer\pcI configured UAC in local security policy "prompt for credential" "behavior of...
  3. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto input admin account password UAC prompts: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889I have two accounts , built in administrator account "administrator" , Another administrator account "PC"computer\administrator and computer\pcI configured UAC in local security policy "prompt for credential" "behavior of...
  4. auto input admin account password UAC prompts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. prioritize Admin accounts list in UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prioritize Admin accounts list in UAC: I have just created a second admin account, giving me now two in total. I also have my standard user account and when I get a UAC prompt, the new default admin account listed is the just created admin account. Before making the new admin account, I just had the original admin...
  6. Only account is non admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only account is non admin: I was a but stupid and managed to make my only account on Windows 10 non admin. I still have the windows 10 USB that was used to install Windows 10 onto my laptop. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop, I want to get admin back without having to reset anything. How can I do...
  7. Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin + User account? Or admin + always notify UAC + password prompt?: Seems like the recommendation is to use a user account when logging to leaving the admin account to make changes to the computer. However, if the UAC (user access control) is set to always notify and the registry is set to always require a password. Does this fulfil the same...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. launching app on non admin account without entering admin password

launching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  10. lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password

lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uac displays the domain\admin-user name