Windows 10: admin account

Discus and support admin account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I restart my comp, I get two offers, 1 to start under my name with password, and the other as an administrator which requires no password. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by teddyboyfromoz, Dec 21, 2018.

1. admin account

When I restart my comp, I get two offers, 1 to start under my name with password, and the other as an administrator which requires no password. I am certain this admin acc was created by Brother printers when remoting me to fix an issue, which they could not.

As I am the only one using this comp, I am the administrator anyway, but it shows different setting etc. Happy to delete this admin acc, dont know how tho.

So, do I have to be listed as administrator?

Regards

:)

teddyboyfromoz, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 21, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 21, 2018
  4. admin account

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

admin account

1. admin account - Similar Threads - admin account

2. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...: My sister took my mother laptop and my sister linked her account to the admin on the PC. We need it to be unlinked completely. There is NO WORK or SCHOOL account present, just Windows 10 ADMIN account is linked to my sisters MICROSOFT LIVE email account.I have created a...
  3. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...: My sister took my mother laptop and my sister linked her account to the admin on the PC. We need it to be unlinked completely. There is NO WORK or SCHOOL account present, just Windows 10 ADMIN account is linked to my sisters MICROSOFT LIVE email account.I have created a...
  4. How can I unlink a LIVE account from the admin account in windows 10 without recreating the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  6. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...: I finally upgraded to windows 10 from window 7. Was extremely disappointed with how my old computer ran under windows 10. I was told that I needed to buy a solid state SSD if I wanted to get my speed back. Microcenter made that recommendation.Have been playing with tweaks to...
  7. Windows 10 - switching to local admin account vs my Microsoft account - now my PC is fast...

8. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  9. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  10. How to replace Microsoft admin account with new Microsoft admin account without losing apps...

How to replace Microsoft admin account with new Microsoft admin account without losing apps...: Hi,While setting up my new Win 10 PC, I accidentally signed into my personal Microsoft account. I finished setting up the PC with a bunch of apps and settings only to later realize that I was signed into my personal Microsoft account which is the administrator account on my...