Windows 10: Admin Account

Discus and support Admin Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I setup my son's laptop with my account set as admin. I added my son's account as a user, then changed my admin account to user (I shouldn't have, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SneakyFurball10, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Admin Account

I setup my son's laptop with my account set as admin. I added my son's account as a user, then changed my admin account to user (I shouldn't have, I know); now nothing can be downloaded because admin prompts come up. With no admin set, I'm not given an option to continue. How can I re add myself as admin without a current admin set on the laptop?

:)

SneakyFurball10, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 27, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Admin Account

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Admin Account

1. Admin Account - Similar Threads - Admin Account

2. Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally changed my only account on windows 10 from an admin to a standard account: Okay so for a long time I've been trying to get my pc to automatically sign into windows, but every time I enable it in the registry it would say "username or password is incorrect on startup", so I thought there might be a hidden account or something, so dumb me was messing...
  3. Since my latest windows update my only account has changed from admin to guest

Since my latest windows update my only account has changed from admin to guest: Hello,Since my latest windows update kb4023057 my only account has changed from admin to guest.I can't change anything anymore.I tried to use system restore, but it says that it can't be restored.I tried to remove the update, but that also did not solve it....
  4. UNABLE TO CHANGE THE ACCOUNT TO ADMIN MODE

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNABLE TO CHANGE THE ACCOUNT TO ADMIN MODE: Hello Sir/Madam,I am unable to change my account type to admin. When I try to do this, a dialog box appears and says that "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device" and it also asks for the admin username and password but there is no space for typing those...
  5. If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    If I run my apps as the administrator, will it affect the admin account?: Hey, I have 2 users in my dad's laptop which is Windows 10 btw the first is obviously my dad's and the 2nd one is mine. My dad is the administrator. Sometimes I need to run files and apps AS THE ADMINISTRATOR. I just wanna ask that if I run MY apps and files as the...
  6. Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with local account changed from local admin to guest: I wonder if you will be able to advise on the following issue:. I have recently changed the local user profile from admin to guest. The user can no longer see things saved to the desktop and to his local machine , favorite tabs in chrome are missing and he can no longer...
  7. How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change secondary account on my windows laptop to admin a/c, as I am unable to...: Hi,This is related to my previous query - which is still unresolved. I am not sure what Microsoft has done in the background but I am not able to log-in to laptop using the admin my son's account as I elaborated in my previous question.And given this, I cannot even install a...
  8. How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account: I signed into the xbox console companion app to change my daughter's gamertag. Now her account is somehow linked to my local account.When I go to winkey => settings => Your info, I see my local account name with her email address listed below it.When I try to go to Firefox,...
  9. Microsoft office account is blocked by Admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft office account is blocked by Admin: Due to a security threat our Admin has blocked our Microsoft office accountAnd now unbale to access my laptop. Admin claims account will be unlocked once the threat is cleared and verified. But until that time my laptop I just want to access my laptop even if its a different...
  10. Can't switch account to admin!

Can't switch account to admin!: So, my account was at admin privileges until something happened and I signed in as a standard user, and now, I can't switch back to admin. I tried trough the User accounts, and the cmd. I basically lost control of my computer please help!...