Windows 10: Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!

Discus and support Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before I screw up my freshly installed win 10 pro.. In computer management, local user and groups.. User is member of users. My admin account is member... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zaxxxx, Sep 29, 2020.

1. /u/Zaxxxx Win User

Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!

Before I screw up my freshly installed win 10 pro.. In computer management, local user and groups.. User is member of users. My admin account is member of administrators and users.

If I remove "users" from my admin account, does that mean that programs that user install (Firefox, torrent, vlc, kaspersky antivirus) will not be available to my administrator account ???

My goal is not to see/share user installed programs with my administrator account and have pure windows admin account.. Thank you.

Windows 10 pro 2004 latest version

Thank you

submitted by /u/Zaxxxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zaxxxx, Sep 29, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 29, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?! - Similar Threads - Admin user sharing

2. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  3. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  4. Admin can't install programs for all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin can't install programs for all users: I'm trying to install Python for all users to use a specific script but for some reason I don't have permission to install apps for all users. I'm an admin and I can do pretty much everything else requiring you to be an admin, but I don't have permission for this somehow....
  5. Sharing programs and/or applications on windows 10 to other local admin users on the same...

Sharing programs and/or applications on windows 10 to other local admin users on the same...: How can I share programs with other users on my device? I am logged in as an administrator on a windows 10 device and want to install programs like Microsoft Teams, updated Office suite desktop program, or a website-turned desktop application, for examples, on to other local...
  6. program installation and admin privilages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program installation and admin privilages: do all programs need admin privileges to install ? is it a good practicewith respect to security and privacy installing all programs as admin ? thanks in advance...
  7. Is my Admin user account "Shared"? Or Not? With Whom?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my Admin user account "Shared"? Or Not? With Whom?: When I go to PC\Local Disk (C:)\USERS\Admin\Properties\Sharing tab, in the "Network File and Folder Sharing" box, there is a folder icon named, "admin Shared" (Network Path: \\Dell\Users\admin) Below that is a "SHARE" button. If "admin" is "Shared", why is there a "Share"...
  8. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....
  9. Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users

Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users: Some programs I installed using my "Admin" account are not accessible to my other "Standard" user accounts. Examples are Spotify and uTorrent. I checked and they are installed in appdata/roaming of my admin account, so I guess they were installed only for that specific...
  10. How to install program as a non-admin?

How to install program as a non-admin?: Hi, I got this extra laptop, and I can't install a program on it because I'm not an admin user. Is there an easy way around this, so I can install the program without having to get other people involved? If I have to do something like refreshing or resetting, what is...