Windows 10: Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

Discus and support Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pxfragonard, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they recognize all of them? Both accounts? Here's a screenshot of what I have attached. This seems strange.

Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. [​IMG]

:)

pxfragonard, Feb 24, 2020

2. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2020
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

External usb drive no longer recognized by W10 backup

Hi Rob,

Maybe my post was not clear enough. Your suggestions only work when the external drive is actually recognized by the backup program, which is not the case (see the title of my post).

Do you have any suggestions about how to get w10 backup to recognize my drive? I can use the drive and see it in the file explorer, but the backup program doesn't see it.

Jo

JoLouvenberg, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

1. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. - Similar Threads - Admin user profiles

2. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  3. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different User Notifications on my Profile: Since moving in with my partner and putting her account on my PC, I have had the inconvenience of her FB messenger notifications playing sound when she is signed in but I am working on my profile. I can't seem to find any settings to disable this, and it is a pain to have her...
  4. Different User Notifications on my Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive: I'm going to do a fresh install and I don't want the profile folder on my C drive for 2 reasons - its a small SSD, and I want all data to be on a separate drive so my OS drive is separate. I can move my Document/Download etc folders but thats not enough at all, everything...
  6. Getting different User Profile name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting different User Profile name: Today, I was cleaning the temp folder when i noticed that my user profile name is different. It should be "Surya Sengupta" however when i enter temp folder using run, i am getting "SURYAS~1". I am very much confused regarding this matter....
  7. whats the difference between admin and admin user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats the difference between admin and admin user: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/residentofsanandreas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hux92h/whats_the_difference_between_admin_and_admin_user/
  8. Different backup on the same drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Different backup on the same drive: Hi. Recently I bought a new computer, and I want to have on it a clean install instead of just cloning my old disk. So, in order to keep backups of both my old and my new computer, I bought an external hard drive. So I want to ask, is it possible using the default “backup...
  9. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Uninstalling apps in different user profiles: If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-apps-in-different-user-profiles/862c1928-d83c-4911-a989-ba8e4dbfe4c7"
  10. user profile status set to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    user profile status set to backup: how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on , I had a standard account just in case...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Grab user