Windows 10: Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

Discus and support Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pxfragonard, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

I'd like a choice where I can backup file history for both Admin and user. But they recognize different drives for that purpose. Shouldn't they recognize all of them? Both accounts? Here's a screenshot of what I have attached. This seems strange.

Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. [​IMG]

:)

pxfragonard, Feb 24, 2020

2. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2020
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

External usb drive no longer recognized by W10 backup

Hi Rob,

Maybe my post was not clear enough. Your suggestions only work when the external drive is actually recognized by the backup program, which is not the case (see the title of my post).

Do you have any suggestions about how to get w10 backup to recognize my drive? I can use the drive and see it in the file explorer, but the backup program doesn't see it.

Jo

JoLouvenberg, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup.

1. Admin and user profiles recognize different drives for backup. - Similar Threads - Admin user profiles

2. Uninstalling apps in different user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Uninstalling apps in different user profiles: If I uninstall an app in a child's user profile will that delete it in my administrator user profile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-apps-in-different-user-profiles/862c1928-d83c-4911-a989-ba8e4dbfe4c7"
  3. Different times on different profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different times on different profiles: Hi all... Was wondering, is it possible to have different times set in the date/time settings for different profiles? Would be useful to me when I'm working in different time zones and want to have one account on local time, and one behaving as if I was still on home...
  4. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  5. Saving audio profiles for different users on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Saving audio profiles for different users on PC: l mean this tool: [ATTACH] Problem is, devices what l choosed in current User Profile - chooses for entire machine (PC). Thus when PC starts use other person with it own profile and for example it prefer play sound from Speakers, this choose saves for everyone's else User...
  6. user profile status set to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    user profile status set to backup: how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on , I had a standard account just in case...
  7. difference between microsoft account and user profile

difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  8. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  9. Different default playback device for each user profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different default playback device for each user profile.: Is it possible to set a different default playback device for each user? I have one user account for which I want the computer speakers to always play and a gaming profile for which I want to use my headphones. Each time I switch users I also have to switch playback...
  10. Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup

Replacing/updating user profile with older/backup: I've gone through hell the last 2 weeks , unlike with the last iterations of windose I could grab all the folders in a profile and drag and drop it into the profile to be updated with the old information,ect. If I am understanding the info I have read win10 uses a live...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Grab user