Windows 10: Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

Discus and support Admin Authorized User not having admin rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolFredrickson, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside the control panel, it shows Administrator just below my name as it always has. However, when I click on the profile as if to change user settings it is set on Basic. If I choose the Administrator, it instantly grays out the option to apply and save the settings.

Why all of a sudden would this change occur? I am running Windows 10 Home.

In addition, I no longer have the ability to utilize the biometric features as I once was able too. I am currently having ongoing issues with some of my settings being hidden or managed by my organization which cant be possible as I am not part of any organization and I have yet to find a resolve that has worked. This error msg was acute, there were no system changes or program changes prior to this occurring and I see no reason for the onset of this error. I have had many say they too have this same persistent issue that acutely onset for them as well and they have not found a solid resolve. If I reset my system will this new error on my user profile also adjust and fix? I am beginning to realize that MS isn't what its claimed and moving away from the restraints and constant battles that thousands are having is highly unsettling and pushing me towards an OS such as Ubuntu or similar.

:)

CarolFredrickson, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

No admin rights

Chose the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I was listed as the administrator. Tried downloading a printer disc but was denied admin access. Started fooling with my Admin acct, added a guest, changed mine to user and have lost all abilities to access anything
    that needs Admin. Won't allow me to: net user admin/activate:yes. Can't restore to previous point because I have no Admin access. Can't even use the admin command.

With no new disc can't do a reinstall. Any suggestions. Very frustrated. Triedlusrmgr.msc. and it didn't work.

Rodger1414, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

1. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights - Similar Threads - Admin Authorized User

2. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  3. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  4. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  5. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  6. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.: Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and have logged into my Microsoft account just like on my desktop however on the Surface Book Cortana will take voice commands...
  7. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  8. Domain admin user with special rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain admin user with special rights: Hello, I need to set a domain admin user (setup in Active Directory) in all computers from a domain, but NOT with rights on servers. He/she should be able to do everything, but no starting session in any server (olny in user's computers). Is this possible? Thanks....
  9. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"
  10. Change User Account Admin rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...