Windows 10: Admin Can't delete files without permission

Discus and support Admin Can't delete files without permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Murderdoch, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Admin Can't delete files without permission

When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder.

:)

Murderdoch, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Hydrate Win User
    File permissions to delete file

Windows is extremely confusing in its permissions and file ownership.*Sad

If Taking Ownership of the files does not work, then the ACL and permissions are misconfigured.

Permissions precedes the ownership, you can have ownership but incorrect permissions in accordance with the ACL Access Control Lists (Windows).

Microsoft - How Permissions Work

I suggest that you open powershell (Search > type powershell > Right click > run as admin) and execute this command:

Code:
    This command restores permissions to default for all files contained within C:\ quietly.

Followed by this command once completed:

Code:
    This command restores full permissions to the Administrators on the computer, which I presume you are an Administrator.

And reboot the computer, and finally attempt to delete the file after attempting to retake ownership.

If that does not work, then I suggest using a third party utility known as UnlockIT:
    Downloads - UnLock IT

And download, install. Ensure you select customized installation.

Right click the folder that contains the files or the files individually that you would like to delete, and follow as here:

Admin Can't delete files without permission wrqPMO6.png

Then this should delete all files you right clicked upon after restarting the system.

You should not run into issues regarding permissions after this, and if you do, post again and I'll look into it.

Side note: often times malware tends to hijack a system and fluff itself in permissions that benefit itself.

Hydrate, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Admin Can't delete files without permission

how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Admin Can't delete files without permission

1. Admin Can't delete files without permission - Similar Threads - Admin Can't delete

2. remove admin without permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove admin without permissions: I have recently graduated from high school and i was given my school laptop and now i cant do nothing because every time I download something it asks for the admins username and password but I don't know that because the school had access to the admin stuff pls help how do i...
  3. remove admin without permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove admin without permissions: I have recently graduated from high school and i was given my school laptop and now i cant do nothing because every time I download something it asks for the admins username and password but I don't know that because the school had access to the admin stuff pls help how do i...
  4. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  5. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  6. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

7. Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission: Hello- I recently tried installing an old Wacom tablet on my new pc running Windows 11. I got an error message during the install saying that some drivers wouldn't install correctly, and to try disabling memory integrity to fix the problem. I did that and installed the...
  8. Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission

Can't delete old drivers without SYSTEM permission: Hello- I recently tried installing an old Wacom tablet on my new pc running Windows 11. I got an error message during the install saying that some drivers wouldn't install correctly, and to try disabling memory integrity to fix the problem. I did that and installed the...
  9. Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?

Unable to delete folders despite admin permission, and can't change owner file?: Hello, I have a bit of a problem that needs solving. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and until now, as far as I know, I was able to edit system files, delete ones in the C: drive, and such. And now, I can't do that, so is there a way to fix it? When I try to open up the...
  10. Can't delete files even with admin

Can't delete files even with admin: When i try to delete a folder i am not allowed to. When i try to change the permissions it says "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings" what can i do?...