Windows 10: Admin can't install programs for all users

Discus and support Admin can't install programs for all users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Python for all users to use a specific script but for some reason I don't have permission to install apps for all users. I'm an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realUncleAlex, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Admin can't install programs for all users

I'm trying to install Python for all users to use a specific script but for some reason I don't have permission to install apps for all users. I'm an admin and I can do pretty much everything else requiring you to be an admin, but I don't have permission for this somehow. What should l do?

Edit: It's not just the python installer that has this issue, it's all installers.

submitted by /u/realUncleAlex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realUncleAlex, Jan 31, 2021
  2. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Admin can't install programs for all users

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Admin can't install programs for all users

1. Admin can't install programs for all users - Similar Threads - Admin can't install

2. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  3. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  4. Disable programs installing for all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable programs installing for all users: Somehow I can't find an answer on this on google. How do you disable a program like Steam for example installing when you create a new user? submitted by /u/ARandomNameIGuess2 [link] [comments]...
  5. program installation and admin privilages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program installation and admin privilages: do all programs need admin privileges to install ? is it a good practicewith respect to security and privacy installing all programs as admin ? thanks in advance...
  6. Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!: Before I screw up my freshly installed win 10 pro.. In computer management, local user and groups.. User is member of users. My admin account is member of administrators and users. If I remove "users" from my admin account, does that mean that programs that user install...
  7. Other user can't see all installed fonts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other user can't see all installed fonts: I have two accounts, my own whose name is the network name (its Users folder is cud, but I log on as Helge), and my wife's, Kathy's. Mine is administrator, but hers was standard. I can see & use all the TTFs that are in the Fonts folder in Fonts dialogs from my account, but...
  8. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....
  9. Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users

Programs installed using Admin account not available for other users: Some programs I installed using my "Admin" account are not accessible to my other "Standard" user accounts. Examples are Spotify and uTorrent. I checked and they are installed in appdata/roaming of my admin account, so I guess they were installed only for that specific...
  10. How to install program as a non-admin?

How to install program as a non-admin?: Hi, I got this extra laptop, and I can't install a program on it because I'm not an admin user. Is there an easy way around this, so I can install the program without having to get other people involved? If I have to do something like refreshing or resetting, what is...