Windows 10: Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>

Discus and support Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME> in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need a way to make it so that instead of having C:\Windows\system32> there will be C:\user\NAME> when I open the command prompt. When I run cmd as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wry, Jun 4, 2021.

1. WRY
    wry Win User

Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>

I need a way to make it so that instead of having C:\Windows\system32> there will be C:\user\NAME> when I open the command prompt. When I run cmd as a regular user it comes up with C:\user\NAME> but when I run as an administrator it comes up with C:\Windows\system32> Please let me know if there is a fix as I need there to be administrative privilege's to install a program.

:)

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

Tried Nod32.. no help. Will try kaspersky. Will try Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus. thanks for suggestion.

HiddenStupid, Jun 4, 2021
  3. gypsycomp Win User
    Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

Using win10 - 64bit
    Logged into cmd prompt as admin.
    Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's

Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window
    Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show.
    Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show
    Run ATTRIB -s -h C:\users and still do not see All User folder appearing. Restart after running ATTRIB cmd, but does not trigger reload of folder.

BUT, when I
    Run DIR cmd for "C:\users\all users" the folder and files show
    Run ROBOCOPY and the All Users folder and its files transfer.

Somehow this folder has become hidden and I am unable to unhide or see it.

Any suggestions?

gypsycomp, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>

Everything now goes to the Users/<name> directory instead of the normal C:/ <whatever>, plus the account doesn't have admin rights

Hi,

Your concern is a little bit vague. We would like to clarify some details for us to determine the appropriate advice to your concern. As such, kindly provide us the answers to the following questions:

• What specific task are you trying to accomplish?
    • What do you exactly mean by "Everything goes to the Users/<name> directory instead of the normal C:/ <whatever>"?

If you wish to be the admin, you can choose to transfer the files from your newly created user profile to the admin account. You can refer to the suggested steps provided by
    Mohammed AliAli, dated on 30th of May 2016, on this thread.

We are keen on hearing back from you about this matter.

Lawrence Lib, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME>

1. Admin CMD showing up as C:\Windows\system32> instead of C:\user\NAME> - Similar Threads - Admin CMD showing

2. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  3. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  4. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ cmd

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ cmd: My computer currently can't access C drive. I'm denied all access, I can't even change settings or controls. The only thing I can do right now with this crazy computer is surf the web. i can't change user ownership. All administrators on drive C will be wiped clean. I can't...
  6. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...
  7. Admin share c$

Admin share c$: Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected on the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option. In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or...
  8. Username change in C: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Username change in C: drive: I am trying to install Matlab on my computer but it won't open since I have Turkish characters in my Win10 account name. I tried changing my username via the path; control panel>user account>change my name but it did nothing to what's displayed in the command prompt. I need...
  9. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"
  10. Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old cannot bedeleted and says not in C;\ BUT IT SHOWS UP in C:\: I have tried everything to delete Windows.old. Even hidden administrator, disk clean up, safe mode, and cmd "del windows.ol. I always get the message that the folder is no longer in C:\ or does not exist, and check to see if it has been moved etc etc. It hasn't - It shows up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can change in CMD: C:\Users\ETNCH> to C:\WINDOWS\system32>