Windows 10: Admin Directory Name Change

Discus and support Admin Directory Name Change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I have two folders in the Windows/Users directory: "Public" and "WARNE". I want to change the name of the "WARNE"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnWarner6, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Admin Directory Name Change

I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I have two folders in the Windows/Users directory: "Public" and "WARNE". I want to change the name of the "WARNE" folder... I'm having no luck finding out how to do this... Please help... Thanks!

:)

JohnWarner6, Apr 29, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Admin user directory truncated name!!

I've got my Win10 user account info displayed, it's an admin account and there is my outlook email account attached. When I drill down to my user directory in file explorer under users the directory name is my first name truncated. So for example if the admin account was called Simon Murphy the user directory name is "Simo". I only noticed this after reinstalling Windows several weeks ago.

I've no idea how this happened but it looks stupid and I'd like to correct this so I'm wondering how do I go about this.

Gusgf, Apr 29, 2019
  4. C0zzie Win User

Admin Directory Name Change

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Admin Directory Name Change

1. Admin Directory Name Change - Similar Threads - Admin Directory Name

2. Changing a name on an Admin file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a name on an Admin file?: I have an Admin account on my Windows 11 system that has the wrong spelling for the username. Its the only account on the Microsoft account. Is there a way to change the folder name? i cant "change name" like you can with normal files, and its re-appearing every time I...
  3. Changing a name on an Admin file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a name on an Admin file?: I have an Admin account on my Windows 11 system that has the wrong spelling for the username. Its the only account on the Microsoft account. Is there a way to change the folder name? i cant "change name" like you can with normal files, and its re-appearing every time I...
  4. How to change name in file directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change name in file directory: Hello, I've changed my name in my Microsoft account and computer settings, but some places such as my file paths still display my old name C:\Users\[oldname]; is there any way to change this or is this particular area not possible to change unless I reset the computer? I'm on...
  5. Changing name of home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing name of home directory.: If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to...
  6. Changing name of home directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing name of home directory.: If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to...
  7. Changing the local admin name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the local admin name: Hi guys, I need some help with my local admin name. I am handing off my Lenovo T530 to my friend. I have deleted anything personal and only have W10 (20H2) with latest updates left. I went into the control panel and changed the name of my local admin account to my friends...
  8. How to change the name in the user directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the name in the user directory: I tried using Regedit but then I can only access a temporary account. Command prompt doesn’t let me change user names despite running as admin. submitted by /u/showandabe [link] [comments]...
  9. change admin user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change admin user name: how do i change my admin user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-user-name/885ba043-3624-4cd3-a6ce-ca4611f14424
  10. Admin user directory truncated name!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin user directory truncated name!!: I've got my Win10 user account info displayed, it's an admin account and there is my outlook email account attached. When I drill down to my user directory in file explorer under users the directory name is my first name truncated. So for example if the admin account was...