Windows 10: Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

Discus and support Admin locked out after resetting windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My brother recently gave me his old computer. It has windows 10 installed. When I reset it it asked for an admin password and I did not know it and now... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by S_962, Apr 25, 2023.

1. S_962 Win User

Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

My brother recently gave me his old computer. It has windows 10 installed. When I reset it it asked for an admin password and I did not know it and now it says the admin account is locked and to contact my administrator. I don’t know how to get around this. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

S_962, Apr 25, 2023
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 25, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2023
  4. Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 25, 2023
Thema:

Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

1. Admin locked out after resetting windows 10 - Similar Threads - Admin locked resetting

2. Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin locked out after resetting windows 10: My brother recently gave me his old computer. It has windows 10 installed. When I reset it it asked for an admin password and I did not know it and now it says the admin account is locked and to contact my administrator. I don’t know how to get around this. Any help would be...
  3. Admin locked out after resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin locked out after resetting windows 10: My brother recently gave me his old computer. It has windows 10 installed. When I reset it it asked for an admin password and I did not know it and now it says the admin account is locked and to contact my administrator. I don’t know how to get around this. Any help would be...
  4. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  5. Locked out after reset

Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  6. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out after reset

Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  8. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  9. Locked out of Admin

Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  10. admin locked out of windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    admin locked out of windows 10: bought a laptop online, I forgot password the guy gave me, any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-locked-out-of-windows-10/9402bff0-eb94-40c8-9926-e1cbf2f395d3"